cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ne-ily
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Setting up an account with BT

Can anyone help with a problem that Bt cannot sort.

My friend who is over 70 years and has never used or owned a computer bought one in January this year.   He was never able to use it and eventually got a BT Hub and asked me to set up his account.

I set typed in the required personal information and a new new btopenworld email address which I submitted to Bt.   A reply was received informing that the account had been successfully set up and an email requesting activation had been sent to the new email address.

Unfortunately neither the email nor new account can be accessed until the account has been activated.

Despite several visits to the BT Help Line access still cannot be gained to the account or email

Has anyone come across this problem with Bt and if so, how was it resolved.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Setting up an account with BT

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Setting up an account with BT

Hi Ne-ily,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings