Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
queby3
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Sheer frustration dealing with BT

I don't think we have ever had such a frustrating time with any company as we have had with BT for the past two weeks. We arranged a phone/broadband package with their Truro office and paid 12 months line rental upfront. Thought it was a bit expensive so went back to see if they could do better. They came up with a good package and said they would refund the line rental, we could and did pay another £208.80 and start the new deal. I requested written confirmation. That's when the trouble started. We have now had 2 refunds of £208.80 and still no written confirmation of the new package. Apparently they are having technical problems sending emails! Was told my contract would be posted....nothing received. The Indian office posted a contract but it was the wrong one. At least they managed to post something! Now the problem has been escalated to someone more senior...yesterday he tried to cancel the original deal in order to start the new one. Computer problems (!) meant he couldn't do this. Apparently this could take a couple of days to sort out! Now two weeks on from the beginning of this saga and no further ahead. To add insult to injury my account shows that my October bill is overdue, this bill was paid on the due date of 16th October, apparently my account hasn't been updated yet to show the payment, over two weeks after payment taken from the bank! Really couldn't make it up...I'm off to check Sky.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sheer frustration dealing with BT

Hi @queby3

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry that you've had so many problems with your orders.  Can you send us over your details so that we can sort this out?  

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
queby3
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

How do I copy and paste my post into the form?
0 Ratings
queby3
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

The form I was sent to requires all this information again. BT making themselves hard to contact. I do not see why I should repeat the complaint I've made yet again. You are simply adding to the delay and frustration! A phone number for your Newcastle Office would be the best help so that I could speak to the member of staff who is trying to help with this problem. Now spoken to Truro/Accrington/Swansea/Newcastle/West Bromwich.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi @queby3

Thanks for posting back!

I can fully appreciate the frustration.  The form that I directed you to comes through to us and will be dealt with by one of the moderators.

We will take personal ownership of this and make sure this is sorted out in a timely manner.  I'd kindly ask that you complete the form and give us the opportunity to straighten everything out for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
queby3
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I've filled in what I can. I don't even know what a 'thread URL' is, let alone how to copy and paste one!
0 Ratings
queby3
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Here is the complaint ref if that helps
**Edited**.
OUr new contract is due to start on 8th November

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Its the url that is showing in your address bar when posting on this thread in the forum. I.e

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Sheer-frustration-dealing-with-BT/td-p/1788263

0 Ratings
queby3
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thank you licquorice. Dragged it into the form. I learned something today!

0 Ratings
queby3
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

The saga continues. Apparently my case has been 'taken control of' by one of the supervisors at Newcastle. Haven't heard from him since he promised to call this week. I can't get help from anyone else because he is handling the case. He has been emailed and asked to contact me urgently...still nothing. Can't call him, he won't call me.  What to do? Shall I write to Newcastle? Will the letter get to him? Anyone know the best address to use? Help appreciated

0 Ratings