cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loudgraham
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 22

Re: Should I upgrade to Halo 1 or 2?

i have halo 1, i was lucky enough to change to it for no extra cost a year or 2 ago. best part is if the internet goes down, u have the 4g mini hub so dont lose internet. used it twice ( exchange had a power cut and other time, whole area went down for the morning ) 

always worth phoning the value team? see what they say, if they wont budge on price etc, stay with the package you are currently on.

as u have atm, i had the hh3, currently hh5 very reliable and doesnt get as hot as the hh3 white modem did, as its all built into 1 unit

0 Ratings
California
Contributor
Message 12 of 22

I have got Halo 1 but I have not received a 4G mini hub.

0 Ratings
loudgraham
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 22

from memory, until its needed ie the fault/no internet is reported, one then gets sent out, next day if before 7pm. then any further faults, it gets activated until the fault is reported and fixed. 

0 Ratings
California
Contributor
Message 14 of 22

That's too complicated and too long for it to be a real benefit.

Unless, there is one device at the ready, there is little benefit.

That fault should already be fixed by that time.

0 Ratings
loudgraham
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 22

guessing they dont send them out, as shouldnt need to use them. to be fair ive had fibre for 5+ years and only had those 2 issues in all those years

0 Ratings
California
Contributor
Message 16 of 22

And that's a problem because this Halo is more expensive than the normal broadband and there is almost no additional benefit.

0 Ratings
loudgraham
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 22

for me thats enough of a benefit ie got the mini hub so wont be without internet etc

0 Ratings
California
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

It might be worth for me too if I would get that BT Mini Hub as an insurance policy but as I do not have it and I cannot get it without reporting a fault, I do not think it is worth on average.

0 Ratings
loudgraham
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 22

of course, everyone is different as to what they want and need etc. whenever i have phoned to renew/discuss my or new package, they have always been helpful and not been pushy, dont think theyve ever said get halo 2 

0 Ratings
California
Contributor
Message 20 of 22

I only see upgrades and something more expensive online. So, BT pushes me hard all the time to upgrade to something more expensive. BT never offers downgrades.

And the BT's recommended broadband package for me is Halo 2. Camoon, this is ridiculous.

BT can offer something more expensive all the time, but cannot offer a downgrade?

Unfortunately, I have found so far BT to be the most difficult company to contact and the most difficult to deal with.

0 Ratings