cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Should we have to put up with such bad service?

Several years ago an invalid lady I look after rang BT to make me account manager on her account.

All seemed to go well.She gets the bills. All BT emails go to her email address just as they always had done and I can keep a check on her acount. All seemed good. Until.....I rang BT to change her account which is out of contract to Fibre 2. I'm told I can't do that and the account is actually in my name, I am not her account manager at all the account name has been changed. All I can do is close my account and open a new one in her name with a new order. So after a long discusion this is what I did. I explained that she cannot be without a Landline because her Lifeline (community link alarm) relies on this to connect to the Emergency Services, I was assured this would be fine, no problem at all. Can be changed over to a new account in the correct name, Fibre 2 on 8th March. Perfect.

I have just seen the written confirmation of this, FIBRE 1. How can that happen. I rang customer services and was told all that could be done was cancel the order. So I cancelled. I now can't order a new service because there is an outstanding order at this property. BT are an absolute load of rubbish.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Should we have to put up with such bad service?

@cms1wrote:

All seemed good. Until.....I rang BT to change her account which is out of contract to Fibre 2. I'm told I can't do that and the account is actually in my name, I am not her account manager at all the account name has been changed. All I can do is close my account and open a new one in her name with a new order.

Don't take any action, don't make any changes, I've asked a passing mod to assist, they are BT employees.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

@cms1 I'm really sorry about this,  I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

I'm at a loss to understand why you are concerned that the new contract was for  Fibre1 rather than Fibre 2. Possibly Fibre 2 speeds aren't available and even if they are, I would very much doubt whether the extra speed over Fibre 1 would be required. Fibre 1 should be slightly cheaper than Fibre 2.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Just moved from an area where average speed was 68-72mbs. The difference is massive. Try it, I doubt if you'd be able to with BT though. My usage is 3 PC's, NAS, 3 TV's all wired plus 4-5 phones on wiFi. Maybe not usual for a household.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

I must be missing something, you said it was an invalid lady, presumably living on her own, that had been downgraded to Fibre 1.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@cms1wrote:

Just moved from an area where average speed was 68-72mbs. The difference is massive. Try it, I doubt if you'd be able to with BT though. My usage is 3 PC's, NAS, 3 TV's all wired plus 4-5 phones on wiFi. Maybe not usual for a household.

You said that 'an invalid lady I look after' had the account name swapped in error and the only way to get it back was a new account, the moderator support was to help reclaim her account.

I don't understand how this ties to you moving house, can you explain ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Glad it's not just me.

Message 10 of 12

Where did this moving house come from? Iwas asked why i would want Fibre 2, explained in the post above.

0 Ratings