cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardBranson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Signed up for £28.99 and have been charged £44.99 for the whole term of contract.

Second time posting and this time the problems are much worse.

we signed up for BT Broadband last August (2016) after numerous problems and delays we eventually got connected mid October. We had signed up to a contract at £28.99, we have emails from BT stating our price is £28.99 as we are coming to the end of our contract we went on BT Website to find to our horror we had been being charged £44.99 for the entire length of contract. I telephoned BT Customer services yesterday and they have basically told me that there is not a chance in hell they will refund me the extra money I have been charged, can somebody please tell me whether they are legally allowed to do this?

as I have stated I have emails showing my contract price of £28.99. I would like advice on what to do next as I feel I should be entitled to my overpayment being refunded, I thought I would ask here before approaching citizens advice. I would be willing to start county court proceedings if I really have to.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Signed up for £28.99 and have been charged £44.99 for the whole term of contract.

Don't you check your bills? It might be that the landline charge accounts for the difference. (New Ofcom rules recently required providers to include the landline cost in package quotes so it can't happen now.)

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
RichardBranson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Signed up for £28.99 and have been charged £44.99 for the whole term of contract.

Up until now, we didn't check our Bills Smiley Sad

The emails actually show that the total including line rental is £28.99, which was the advertised price and the reason we signed up to BT,  one email is from a BT employee and he states the full price as being £28.99 too.

multimillion pound company trying every trick in the book to keep hold of my money, I will not take this lying down.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Just checking before I ask the moderators to have a look, which I'm now doing.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 5 of 5

Hi @RichardBranson,

I'll be able to take a look at your BT account. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings