Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Signed up to Infinity 2

Go to solution
Hi, joined BT this week so I'll be activated next month. I keep reading though that infinity 1 is getting moved to Infinity 2 speeds at no cost. Have I made a mistake?

I can get 71mb where I am. Thanks
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Signed up to Infinity 2

Go to solution

It depends if you need the extra upload speed that Infinity 2 offers.

0 Ratings
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Not for an extra £10 a month really no.

Will customers who sign up to Infinity 1 now, get the upgrade to Infinity 2 speeds for free still?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@jaydog69 wrote:

Will customers who sign up to Infinity 1 now, get the upgrade to Infinity 2 speeds for free still?

Not sure, I think it was just a promotion to persuade people to renew their contract, and stay with BT, but perhaps I an being cynical Smiley Wink

It was just a speed increase, as a result of lowering the target noise margin, I am not sure it was up to Infinity 2 speeds, as I have not been following the subject fully.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@jaydog69 wrote:

Not sure, I think it was just a promotion to persuade people to renew their contract, and stay with BT, but perhaps I an being cynical Smiley Wink

It was just a speed increase, as a result of lowering the target noise margin, I am not sure it was up to Infinity 2 speeds, as I have not been following the subject fully.

Two completely different scenarios.

Target noise marging was lowered first if your line could take it & then for some customers the speed restrictions were removed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Infinity 1 speed boost was only applied to customers who ordered before 28th September 2017. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra...