cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Silver Address Issue

Go to solution

Hi There,

I've just moved into a new property and I've been advised that the address is only silver. 
we are matched on royal mail but not with openreach. 

We have an openreach box in the property and it looks like we have fttp. (based on the property next door also having fttp).

We currently can't get broadband into our property because we are a silver address. what is the best way to move this forward as we really need home broadband asap.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Silver Address Issue

Go to solution

@SimonBeckley 

Assuming you are going to place an order with BT Retail, then give the FTTP helpdesk a call.

They are on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you Keith, I'll give them a call now. 
I have tried calling before but i was told there is nothing they can do.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
Hi Keith,
Just spoken to the FTTP helpdesk and they have said that there is nothing they can do as this is with open reach to resolve
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

@SimonBeckley 

Have you already placed an order with BT Retail, as that should initiate a request to Openreach, to determine the routing? Openreach will not act without an order.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
I havent' placed an order with BT Retail have said they can't accept an order as my address is in the silver status.
I can't progress with an order, and all I've been advised is to wait for the next couple of weeks to see if openreach refresh things their end
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @SimonBeckley,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems placing an order for Broadband. 

If your address is showing as silver it basically means that your address isn't connected to the Openreach Network and they aren't able to tell us what services are available at your address.

The quickest way to get your address to show up on the network is to order a telephone line. Once the line is in place Openreach will then be able to tell us what services are avilable to order.

Have you tried placing an order for just the telephone service?  https://www.bt.com/landline/deals/ 

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
Hi There,

Thank you for coming back to me.
I've just had a look and i can order a phoneline, so if this is the fastest way to get us connected then I'm more than happy to submit an order.
The only issue i do notice, is there is a £70 one off connection fee. Which i feel is quite unfair.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@SimonBeckley 

I think you may find that the connection charge is not applied anyway, as if your line is FTTP, then once the database is updated, it will be discovered that there is an existing route.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
Ah okay, that's great! Thank you both so much for your help.
I've just ordered a landline, which is expected to be installed on 12th Nov. so, fingers crossed.
0 Ratings