Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsach
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Silver address and FTTP status?

Go to solution

Self build completed in October 2018. BT/Openreach installed a copper telephone line on 30th November which is working fine, we currently just have a phone service. The Openreach checker says we are 'in scope' for FTTP - however, every other property in the village shows as 'Ultrafast Accepting Orders' (though I know there is a waiting list now). Our direct neighbour (adjacent to us, fed from same pole) already has FTTP. We are all connected to the same cabinet:
Exchange name: High Bickington Exchange status: Fibre enabled Cabinet number: 5

but for some reason when I do the bt wholesale checker (https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm) it says 'FTTP not available' - where for the rest of the village, on the same cabinet, it says 'FTTP is in Waiters status. An order may be placed which will be processed when the network is ready.'

Our address is registered with Royal Mail, it’s in the PAF and shows ok on most sites.

Try to place an order via by website our address is not found

Spoke to bt who advised we have a silver address. Said they would send request to back office to resolve and contact me in a couple of days - that was over 4 weeks ago

Help!!?!
Tags (4)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Silver address and FTTP status?

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Provided you have placed an order with BT Retail and not another provider, I can ask for help to get the address status updated.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

jsach
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks - that would be great. I have a bt phone line and I want to order fttp with bt but have not been able to due to address status
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @jsach,

As you currently have a copper line we'll be able to send a request to Openreach to check the address for you. I've sent you a private message. When you reply on it, include your address as it is with the Royal Mail address checker.

Thanks

DanielS

StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @jsach thanks for sending in your details, I'm sorry I missed you when I called. I have sent this off to get the address updated. I'll get back to you before the end of next week, as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @jsach sorry I missed you when I called.

Your address has been updated, but FTTP is still not available for you to order. I have spoken with the FTTP team, and they've advised that work is still ongoing in the area and some properties aren't able to place their orders yet. 

I'm sorry about this. The team advised that they expect for the work to complete in the area within the next 8 weeks. The Openreach Fibre Checker will update once that's available.

jsach
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
Just wanted to thank you for your excellent customer service. Will keep an eye on the checker for the next two or three months and see how it goes.
0 Ratings
StephanieG
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@jsach thank you 🙂 keep us posted, as with anything the work may be delayed but it's looking promising so far.

0 Ratings
jsach
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Hello - any chance of an update on this?  About 1yr ago you advised fiber would be available in 2-3 months. Sadly I’m still not able to order it via by site.   Any info gratefully received 😀

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post results.     https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings