cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abm90
Message 1 of 5

Silver to gold line

Hi

Im trying to set up broadband in my house. It is a new development and I have been told by different providers that my line is classed as a silver line and needs to be gold before they can move any futhur with my broadband request. I have been told to contact bt/openreach to have this done but cannot seem to find anyway to contact them. Has anyone had this problem? If so what do I do?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Silver to gold line

Welcome to this user forum.

You need to place an order for a phone line with your chosen Service Provider. That will create a route on the Openreach network, and correct the address issue.

Once the phone line is working, you can then place a broadband order.

That is the only way it can be done.

Who are you going to use to provide your phone line?

0 Ratings
Abm90
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply

I tried 3 different providers to see was there any difference but they all told me the same. They can see a line to our house but because its a ‘Silver line’ they can offer any broadband packages, its need to be upgraded to a ‘gold line’ by openreach
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@Abm90 wrote:
Thanks for the reply

I tried 3 different providers to see was there any difference but they all told me the same. They can see a line to our house but because its a ‘Silver line’ they can offer any broadband packages, its need to be upgraded to a ‘gold line’ by openreach

As I have already explained, you need to order a phone line first. Once that is in place, and working, the Openreach database will show the routing, then you will be able to see what broadband options are available from your house. The address will then change to gold.

Openreach will not update any records without an order for a phone line from a provider.

BT Retail, who run this forum, have nothing to do with Openreach.

If you intend to place an order for a phone line with BT Retail, then there are BT Employees on this forum who can help with this, otherwise you will have to choose another provider, and place your order there.

If you need help placing a BT Retail order, then please post back here, and I will ask a moderator to assist. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

0 Ratings