cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mooly
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Simply renewing my contract has been fraught with difficulty. It shouldn't be this hard.

Go to solution

This is what has happened...

My existing contract and land line saver run together and expire around the middle of February 2019. 

From very early January you have been emailing me with an offer to renew my broadband which would now include line rental and save £2.00 per month. The offer had to be taken up by 31st January 2019 and would be for 18 month contract period.

I wondered what would happen to my existing already paid up front line rental saver and so I phoned BT. This is when it all got difficult. The person I spoke to said they could set the contract up and although the figures they were quoting were different to the email offer, added discounts could be applied to bring the figures equal. I accepted.

Then the problems began as the one setting the deal then informed me that we were to far before the expiry date of the line rental saver and so the deal couldn't be done... much waiting on the phone followed and then it was suggested the broadband deal could be placed for the 12th February with the existing line rental expiring on the 18th.

It would now be up to me to remember to renew the line rental saver separately within the window of the 13th Feb to the 18th Feb. Because there would be an 'open' contract showing on my account for the broadband I couldn't renew before this date.

Yesterday (14th Feb) I attempted to pay the line rental saver online. All details were filled in and seemingly accepted and then at the very final screen, when all details have been accepted and the payment is being authorised (the usual 'processing transaction... do not close this window) the screen changed to a BT message of simply

"BT... we can not display the information you request at this stage".

No confirmation email arrived to say the deal was OK and so later yesterday I opened an online chat session (I have a copy of this) and was advised that no payment had been made to my account and that I should resubmit. Not being 100% convinced I called my bank and they say the transaction is shown as 'pending' on my credit card, in other words as far as they are concerned it was succesful and that it is now down to BT.

I now have no idea where I stand. Has my line rental saver been renewed or not ?      

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Simply renewing my contract has been fraught with difficulty. It shouldn't be this hard.

Go to solution
There’s a saying amongst a lot of BT Employees.

‘There’s the way the rest of the World does it and then there’s the way BT does it.’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Simply renewing my contract has been fraught with difficulty. It shouldn't be this hard.

Go to solution

Hi @Mooly sorry about that, I'll send you a private message with details on how you can contact the mod team and we'll be able to look into this further.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Mooly
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks Neil, I've responded to your pm with the details requested.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mooly
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

A quick update on this... and Neil, you should have a detailed pm of what has happened to date. Again thanks.

Short version is that BT still have not claimed the credit card payment and still advise resubmission via phone and not web as that can be flaky. My  bank confirm the transaction was still valid but pending and due to automatically be cancelled in any case after 5 days. Their advise. Resubmit. This I have done via phone and immediately received the confirmation email that is was all correct.

0 Ratings