cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Sky Sports Pricing

Please could someone from BT confirm that they will be charging £33.50 for effectively ONE channel from the 20th August.

While alternatives are avaliable for the similar cost showing ALL the channels.

Also with the confirmation, could they possibly justify it?

Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sky Sports Pricing

@gibbylinks the new channel structure and pricing are explained on this link: Changes to Sky sports 1 & 2 for BT TV customers

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Neil, now justify it ! (not having a go at you personally)
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

There is no justifying it. Long thread with plenty of thoughts here https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Sky-sports-rebrand/td-p/1756833/page/22

I've linked you in from page 22 as thats where the price rise 1st appears in the thread.

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Thanks Rob, already posted in that thread. Fairly certain that I like many others will be cancelling and going elsewhere.
0 Ratings
Brookstermax
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Yup I just registered on these forums just now after learning of these changes this evening on firing up my BT box. Was caught completely unawares by this, also love the email sent by BT yesterday at 1230pm to me explaining the changes and price rise!

Poor show, definitely now logging into the online portal to remove sports. Assuming I can do that online without faffing around with a call.
0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

I've just let them know my disattisfaction and cancelled my Sky Sports.

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

When I cancelled I was told that I would still be able to watch the channels until the end of the month, but both are no longer available. Also I was asked why I was cancelling, I told them about my grievance with the price increase and lack of choice in viewing, which they said would be passed on in an e-mail and I would receive a copy. No e-mail has arrived.....
0 Ratings
Ady1963
Message 9 of 9

I rang up BT and cancelled SKY Sports this morning.  Basically the deal now is half the channels with a £6.50 increase!  This one channel alone would be around 40% of my total broadband/phone line/tv package! 

0 Ratings