cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gw3
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Slamming

Wondering if anyone can shed some light as every time I contact BT I get passed between people and departments and no-one really wants to deal with my problem. Last June I was slammed by BT and the basic result of it is that the cabinet is now and full capacity and I have  to make do with copper internet (my max speed so far has been around 3mb). As you can imagine by going from fibre to this is a massive difference and I just can't understand how this can happen with no repercussion and no help whatsoever to get me back to the service that I had. I don't seem to get any answers other than we will log your call anymore and it's past the point of frustrating now. Is there anything that can be done for this at all I didn't want to go down to Ofcom route but that is looking to be my only option left.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slamming

Welcome to this user forum.

Its not possible these days to be slammed. Ofcom specify that you would have been given 10 days notice before you were moved to a different provider. During that time, you can cancel any move, and stay with your original provider.

Who were you with before you were moved to BT Retail?

0 Ratings
gw3
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I was with BT who lettered me to say someone wanted to take over my line I phoned to say to them this wasn't the case but I was still cut off.  When I phoned to see why my broadband was cut off there was nothing they could do as the line had already been transferred over.  To make matters worse I am now receiving the person who must have my lines mail at my home address.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
gw3
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your help 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @gw3

Thanks for posting, I'm really sorry that your line was stopped and slammed in this way, I can completely understand your frustration.

Regrettably sometimes when the requests come in to cancel a takeover by another provider it can be too late to prevent it going through. Unfortunately with capacity BT Retail like other providers have no control, the only option I can advise on this would be keep checking online for availability in your local area to try to order fibre again to get your speeds back.

You can check availabilty on bt.com to get an order in for fibre when availability comes up again.

Stuart

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@StuartHwrote:

Hi @gw3

Thanks for posting, I'm really sorry that your line was stopped and slammed in this way, I can completely understand your frustration.

Regrettably sometimes when the requests come in to cancel a takeover by another provider it can be too late to prevent it going through. Unfortunately with capacity BT Retail like other providers have no control, the only option I can advise on this would be keep checking online for availability in your local area to try to order fibre again to get your speeds back.

You can check availabilty on bt.com to get an order in for fibre when availability comes up again.

Stuart

How can this possibly be legal?

It CAN'T be too late to stop it happening in the general case, OFCOM have very strict rules on this.

I suggest that the OP go to the OFCOM site :-

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/changing-provider

and contact the ombusman, however due to the time of last June it might be a tiny bit late.

0 Ratings