Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melissakx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

So annoyed! Activation date moved

Hi,
I ordered bt infinity 2 and tv package on the 4th November. Activation was supposed to be the 17th, looked at order tracking and been moved to the 29th! Called and they said it's because something failed with the broadband and they are trying to put it through again, asked if it will go through as don't want to wait only for it to fail as I'm spending a fortune on mobile data, was told she can't promise me and new date can't be brought forward!
Has anyone else had this? Been with 2 other providers and never had this problem and definitely can't wait until then with no wifi/tv services! So disappointed.
If anyone could help i would be grateful!
Does this happen a lot? It would be almost 4 weeks of waiting and I'd rather just cancel the order rather than waiting if it won't work!
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: So annoyed! Activation date moved

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi @Melissakx

I've replied to the private message you sent me.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Melissakx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hi,
I ran the check but can't post the screenshot as it won't allow me to!
0 Ratings
Melissakx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Thanks Robbie i have used the contact form
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Melissakx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Ok so an advisor just ran a line check on live chat and said because there is still a non bt line I can't have BT until I cancel it? So confused! Had sky but cancelled and never had a phone plugged in.
0 Ratings
Melissakx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Equipment received even though order cancelled told to keep?

I have had a terrible experience with BT and should've read the bad reviews before hand but anyway after them not giving me a set in stone activation date and it getting pushed back weeks I decided this morning to cancel and stick with sky.
Just as I was cancelling (which took a 47 min phone call) I had a delivery of the youview box and a bit later the hub came. I told the advisor and he said keep it. Now I found this strange but I suppose it could've been because I stated how much I'd used in mobile data which has been very expensive. But surely it isn't his to give away? He told me I can use the youview box to record free view channels and pause, rewind etc so it can come in handy.
Where do I stand with this?
I've got equipment for a contract I haven't even ever actually gone ahead with and was told to keep it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Re: Equipment received even though order cancelled told to keep?

You have been advised wrong. If you keep the items you will be charged the full retail price for the YouView box, and the home hub. They would need to be returned to avoid being charged.

I would imagine the advisor did not say that you would not be charged, they just said you could keep the equipment.

Has your phone line been activated by BT Retail?

You need to wait until a moderator replies, its quite possible that the broadband activation date is close, you may have been in a waiting list.

If there is a pending order in the system, then Sky would not be able to process an order for at least 10 days, once the cancellation had been accepted by BT.

My advice would be to progress your BT order, to avoid any possible charges.

Quote from T&Cs

If you cancel a Service within your Cooling Off Period and we've provided you with Equipment for that Service, the Agreement won't end until you've returned the Equipment to us and:

• (a) you'll return that Equipment to us within 14 days after you cancel the Service. We'll give you some pre-paid packaging for this;
  • (b) if you don't return the Equipment within 14 days, you'll have to pay the full price for the Equipment (which may be more than the price you've paid, for example, if you were given a discount in return for taking the Service for its Minimum Term); and
  • (c) once we receive the Equipment (or evidence from you that the Equipment has been returned), we'll refund you any amounts you've already paid for the Equipment. We might reduce the amount of the refund if we think the Equipment's worth less than its original value due to use or damage.
0 Ratings
Melissakx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

He never said i would be charged anything. Hopefully I will get a return bag for them and shall return.
Sorry I have cancelled my order with BT, they changed activation dates and in general have been useless, I can't afford to wait 4 weeks for a service and I'm sure it would've been longer reading other experiences.
My sky services are on, I just rang and said I'd changed my mind about cancelling and they've reconnected me.
It's really not that hard.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Melissakx,

I'll ask that one of the team looks at sending you a returns kit in the morning. You'd more than likely receive it next week.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings