cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaked94
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

So confused

I'm so puzzled after today. My account got suspended as I forgot to make a payment. As soon as I realised I made the payment. I was advised my services would be back on in 2 hours. So waited this time then called back and they said wait 4 hours. I waited the 4 hours then I went to webchat. I was advised they would have it back on in 30 mins. That didn't happen so I went back to webchat. They told me there are no restrictions and that everything is up and running. I tried again and didn't work so went back to webchat, advised them of the information I had been given so far then got transfered 3 times without any reason for the transfers. I then spoke to a manager who said that my services where on but there was an order on my account that was stopping me using it. He advised me to call and they would remove said order straight away so I could use my service again (I have no idea what this order is at all.) he also gave me 5 pound credit for all the transfers, I advised the credit didn't matter but he insisted. Anyway I called up to be told that they couldn't see an order and my services are normal. I'm so confused at this point as I still can't use my Internet and still get the splash page. So I'm no better off than I was in the first place. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: So confused

Does your phone work?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jaked94
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

To be honest I don't know, I don't have one plugged in. Nor do I own one to plug in and try 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Even though you don't use it to make calls for £10 or less you have probably the most essential piece of kit to do checks when you have broadband problems. It can also save you getting engineer visit when problem is actually in your home/wiring and you are charged £85 for engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jaked94
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

There's no issues within my home as I said all was working fine yesterday. Then was suspended this morning. 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

@Jaked94 wrote:

There's no issues within my home as I said all was working fine yesterday. Then was suspended this morning. 

But you don't know if the payment has gone through and the suspension lifted. If you had a phone handset you would know as you would have a dial tone.

0 Ratings
Jaked94
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

I know the payment has gone through as they have told me this over the phone, also when I click the link on the splash page to make a payment it says I have nothing to pay, also on the automated line when you call bt it says I have nothing to pay. 

0 Ratings
Jaked94
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Also they have told me over the phone and on webchat that the suspension has been lifted and my service is active,they said its an order holing it up but didn't elaborate on what the order meant. It looks to me like the suspension is still on as the page to make a payment comes up when I Connect but as I said, they say on the phone that its gone so I don't know 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Your choice but at the moment you don't know if your phone is switched on again and you have a broadband problem or you still are not connected

0 Ratings
Jaked94
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Surely there line test would have shown any issues. And I wouldn't be able to load the payment page if it was the phone line that was down as there would be no connection 

0 Ratings