cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mml
Message 1 of 4

Sold property, but line will remain open for a week after new owners have moved in!

We have sold our property and complete this week. I called BT to cancel our account as we are going into temp accommodation. We are not in a contract but despite this I was told the account cancellation would be the end of the month and the line would remain open until this time. How is this process fair, I cannot be held liable for another person's calls if i have no control over the property it is in. I have been offered no remedy to a situation which seems pretty normal when buying and selling houses. Also the buyers have requested to take over our line, which I don't know if this makes any difference. Does anyone have any advice please?
Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sold property, but line will remain open for a week after new owners have moved in!

As per the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed up to BT you should give 30 days notice to cease a line so if they are saying they will stop the line in 10 days I would say you are lucky.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36061/~/i-want-to-stop-my-bt-phone-line

0 Ratings
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: Sold property, but line will remain open for a week after new owners have moved in!

I think he's not so much bothered by the line charges as the fact that someone eles could use his phone and build up a rather large bill.

The least BT could do is barr calls on the line, which to me would seem reasonable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I'm sure if the OP is prepared to pay for the call barring addon he will be able to do that.

0 Ratings