Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EwingSpindrift
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Somebody else has had their account added to my BT account

Go to solution

Last week I discovered that another account had been added to my BT account, I contacted BT over the telephone and eventually this was rectified.

Today I receive an email about my BT bill - from this incorrectly set-up account. I now know the telephone number of this account - it is an Aberdeen number (01224 xxxxxx) completely different from my Peterhead number.

Can this be corrected - I do not want to be held responsible for someone else's bills etc. and I am sure this person in Aberdeen does not want me to know the details in her phone bill!

Also please could you explain to me how I can remove this incorrect account from My BT.

I have tried to sort this out by discussing this with BT online but they said they needed to speak to me but I am at work and uncontactable as I'm offshore North Sea.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Somebody else has had their account added to my BT account

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

If the moderators did become involved they would probably need to speak to you as well so you may need to wait until you are back onshore.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @EwingSpindrift,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
EwingSpindrift
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Will do - be a bit later in the day once I have a spare moment or two.

Thanks for your offer of help.

0 Ratings