Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TomSE
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Someone wants to take over your line

I've just found this article in history search:

I've had an email and a text this morning from BT informing me that someone wants to take over my line. As I find this quite worrying because I don't want anyone to take over my line I phoned customer services to stop it from happening and find out how it came about?

The individual I spoke to has informed technical that this is not going ahead however he could not give me an answer as to how it happened in the first place? Could someone enlighten me please? All I got was "are you moving home?", no I'm not,  "the customer asked for the change" when I explained to him that I am the customer / bill payer / only person who deals with our BT account, I'm not moving home and I  haven't asked for the change, especially as I have just taken out another 12 month contract, all he could was repeat himself which has left me very frustrated!

The same thing happened to me recently except BT didn't send any email, any text.

They just sent me a letter week ago. Un/fortunately I have 5yo beautiful son and his hobby is sometimes to hide all the letters which came through the door so happened that I've found that letter today. I called BT immediately. I've been told that there's nothing they can do. They going to cancel my contract and I'll have to take another 12m contract afterwards and to pay cancellation fee!!! I'm regular bill payer, never miss a date. Have 2 mobile numbers, broadband, landline. All BT.

Is this the way how you appreciate your clients?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Someone wants to take over your line

You mention you received the letter a week ago, but when was the letter dated? You have 10 days to cancel any migration under Ofcom rules. Have you also found out who attempted to take over your line and with which provider?
0 Ratings
TomSE
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Important question for me:
Why did you NOT send any email or text to me? It's a fraud and discrimination! Who sending such an important messages via mail in 2017?
0 Ratings
TomSE
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

It's from 26/1. I have no idea when it came to me. Like I told my son took it. But BT knows very well that I want to be contacted via email or phone! Even invoices from them are NOT paper ones!

0 Ratings
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

This is a customer-to-customer forum; it's unlikely anyone from BT will actually read your message unless a mod comes along.

I do know that providers are required to notify by mail. As to whether BT normally email or text as well; I have no idea. When leaving Sky I received an email and a letter, but BT's systems could be different.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@TomSE Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
TomSE
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Just did it. Thank you for contacting me. Really hope you'll be more helpful and less arrogant than a guy I dealt with on the phone.
Thanks again
0 Ratings