cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mclarenrob2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Sorry, we can't show you any personalised deals at the moment

Struggling to get this page working, not a fan of talking to them on the phone. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sorry, we can't show you any personalised deals at the moment

Have you tried simply using a different browser

i personally prefer the options team who team with existing customer renewals 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mclarenrob2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I've tried Chrome,Edge and the My BT app. 

0 Ratings
Mark70d
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I too was having this problem for several months.  After my contract ran out I was convinced BT were doing it deliberately in order to get more money out of me at the out-of-contract rate.  I tried ordering new packages etc, but every road I went down led me to dead-end error messages "There's been a technical error" etc.  I was on the brink of giving them the kick (because of this and also the nightmare  of getting fibre installed in the first place - where I had to take a quarter of my annual holidays to get the fibre from a hole in the road ~10m away from my house - but that's another story).  As a last attempt, I went to their "contact us" page to try and speak in person, - but NO - "due to covid lines are busy, the best way to contact us is online..."  - I was more than willing to be put up with "busy" and put in a queue, but I couldn't find any ruddy phone number on their Contact page.  Thanks to this thread, and the Distinguished Sage: "imjolly" , I rang the advised number 0800800030 - got put through to a lovely English speaking Zoe who listened to my explanation of the error message on MyBT and she said the site does have glitches, but she would be able to sort it cause she has direct access.  Turns out she couldn't sort it cause there was some sort of a "glitch in the system" and she had to pass me on to the next level up - Sarah in Doncaster who said she'd be able to sort it cause she had a master connection into the database.  Turns out Sarah found there was "a glitch" and needed to pass it on to the "off-line team".  She seemed able to initiate the re-contracting I was after and assured me that she was confident the offline team would be able to fix "the glitch" and they would call me if they couldn't.

Bottom line - if you're seeing this error message - it is most likely NOT your chosen browser / cookies / or any problem on your side - They have a system that seems to be internally well known to have "glitches"  - phone them up (on the above number if this post isn't too old)  - I had to make a few menu selections, then enter my landline number and #, then a couple of more menu options, then I was told due to Covid lines were very busy and I would be in a queue - two rings later and Zoe answered.

Good luck!  - with BT you need it...

0 Ratings