cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Special Discount Ending Six Months Before Contract Expiry Date

My broadband contact ends in March and I notice my bill from a couple of days ago says my Special Discount end next month as opposed to next March. Previous bills had no end date regarding my Special Discount.

Perhaps not by a coincidence in the last couple of days I can see a special offer on MY BT where I can renew my existing broadband package at the same price as I'm now paying.

I wonder why BT goes to the problem of saying my Special Discount ends next month even though I know it will end at the end of my contract. Is this to tempt customers to renew their existing package six months before the end of their contact and tie them in for another 24 months?

I was tempted to renew my existing package at my current price except for the fact that in doing I would need to pay more as my existing 700 minutes calling package would changed to unlimited at an extar cost of just over £3 per month.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Special Discount Ending Six Months Before Contact Expiry Date

Hi @allanraymond,

We want to make sure your bills are crystal clear, so I can understand the confusion this must be causing, and I'd like to get this checked out.

I'd recommend giving the team a call, and they can check out this discount and confirm why this is showing. I'd hate for this to come off next month, and for you to be left paying more, unexpectedly.

Rach

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Special Discount Ending Six Months Before Contract Expiry Date

A few months back, I was offered a new 2 year contract at the current price i was paying, but when i looked into it, i found the same contract for just over £30 a month CHEAPER than what i was currently paying, so now pay quite a lot less for the same stuff. ( i would have been paying for line rental at £16 a month, instead of the new £3 a month it now is)

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Rach_H

I had already contacted BT via Chat before posting my query and have a copy of our discussion where it was confirmed my Special Discount wont be removed until end of my contact. The operator however was unable to say why my bill was saying it would end in October, hence why I posted to the Forum to see if anyone else noticed their bills saying  their Special Discount would end far sooner than their contact end date.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@spacepilot

Not sure what you mean when you say line rental? Line rental is now included in your broadband packagecots  and not listed as a separate item.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

up to a month ago, i was on a 2 year deal, where i had to pay line rental monthly, of around £19 per month on top of my broadband and mobile deal ( i used to pay it annually and got a discount, but Bt stopped it in 2024, and i had to pay monthly, instead). if i took their offer, i would have still been paying it.. even though i went VOIP some 6 to 8 months ago.

my new deal was a lot cheaper, and changed me only £3 per month for my landline (which i wanted as not to give my mobile number out to businesses). i do not use it, so had the payg call package.

I now pay over £30 per month less than what i did for the same service, so it pays to look around for other deals, and not just renew/ extend  your old contract, as i would be paying over £360 per YEAR for the same product.

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings