cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Sport credit refund

I have only just been made aware that I can get a refund for my sport payment. It says the cut off time is 16th of June, that's today, so I should be in time, how do I go about getting this credit?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sport credit refund

Can I still claim my bill credit?
Unfortunately the deadline for claiming a bill credit – 16 June 2020 – has now passed.

Looks like you missed the cut off, It wouldn't of been backdated, It applied from when you claimed it and the claim window has closed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Why on earth should the customer have to ask for credit. The decent thing to do would be to credit all sports package customers, but no. Pure greed on behalf of BT. How many more people have missed this ??

Shame on you BT, especially with what's going on in the world.

PROFIT BEFORE PEOPLE.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 12

You are aware that it has been widely advertised & no other companies have automatically applied credit right? 

You mention whats going on in the world, with that BT have been prioritising vulnerable customers etc over anything else quite correctly but of course having people crediting for sport (which they've still been showing albeit not all live) seems to be more important to some people

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Widely advertised ???

Surely it should be advertised as email to existing customers, if this email has been sent then I must have missed it, why wasn't credit automatically given to customer's? Seems you take but put hurdles in place when you have to give.

Why wasn't this credit shown as an alternative on my previous bills. I will be talking to other BT customers, to gauge a reaction to this situation.

The bottom line is, I've paid for something I haven't received!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

It's been on the BT website, in the press & martin lewis mentioned it on his tv show too as well as being on here & people talking about it on social media. Again they were dealing with vulnerable customers etc so didn't have time to send out emails about it. They simply don't have the manpower either to go through thousands & thousands of accounts to apply ceedits. Also what haven't you received? Theres still been sport content on the channels so just because you don't watch any of what was on doesn't mean you never received it as your contract is for sport not specific items

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

BT website , why would I visit that?

Social media, I don't have any.

Martin Lewis on tv, I don't watch.

So is this a catch all, no it isn't.

Are all your bills generated manually, certainly not. BT couldn't generate an algorithm to email all those with the sport package, you must have one for billing the sport package. This is laughable.

Answer me this !!!

How on earth do you know who your vulnerable customers are, have they told you ????? ( Can't wait to see this answer)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 12

@IanG5wrote:

Answer me this !!!

How on earth do you know who your vulnerable customers are, have they told you ????? ( Can't wait to see this answer)

All BT customers can let BT know if they need extra support and all advisors are trained to recognise this, see www.bt.com/includingyou 

Also :

A spending cap was placed on every line only customer, so regardless of their calling plan, they never paid more than £5 per month for call charges, line only customers don't have internet access so they were looked after.

All customers on broadband with a fixed allowance were upgraded to unlimited, so they could use the internet without worrying about allowances and costs.

All NHS workers were offered unlimited mobile data.

Late payments didn't have their service suspended or have a late payment charge applied.

Created free learning for all ages and experience with Skills For Tomorrow 

Launched new promotions with half price offers on BTTV to keep people entertained

Allowed BT Sport customers to receive a 100% credit if applied for or to donate that amount to an NHS charity

and more ….

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

"As they were dealing with vulnerable customers etc so didn't have time to send out emails about it."

Above is response to my question as to why an email couldn't have been sent out regarding credit for the cancellation of nearly every sporting event in the world.

Your link

http://www.bt.com/includingyou

is for people with impairments.

"If you're one of the millions of people in the UK living with an impairment, this site is for you."

So while the whole of the UK are thinking that vulnerable people are at risk from covid19, you obviously are not.

BT have not done the decent thing regarding their handling of cancelled sports. Sky have put you to shame.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

From memory you had to apply to SKY to pause sports

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings