cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Stay fast guarantee changed in digital voice notification

Hi

My 24 month Halo contract taken out in July 2021 says my stay fast guarantee speed is 17mps.

The email I got this morning saying i will go onto digital voice later this month has changed that to 15mps.

Minimum d/l and u/l speeds have also been reduced. Can this be allowed under an agreed contract?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Stay fast guarantee changed in digital voice notification

Your agreement and stayfast guarantee hasn't changed, the minimum guarante from July 2021 was your contractually agreed speed.

The change to Digital Voice hasn't changed your contract, I'm not even sure why the need to include it to be honest but you have a contract and that is what BT will use, not the information from the switch to DV.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

They have sent me an email telling me my stay fast guarantee is 15mps. My Stay fast guarantee at the beginning of the contract was 17mps so it has changed mid contract.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 13.04.42.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-08 at 13.05.11.png

Left is original contract email. Right is email received today.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@somniacwrote:

They have sent me an email telling me my stay fast guarantee is 15mps. My Stay fast guarantee at the beginning of the contract was 17mps so it has changed mid contract.

The switch to Digital Voice hasn't changed what you contractually agreed to when you renewed the minimum term, BT will use the stay fast guarantee from your renewal not the DV migration.

Basically ignore the 15 mbps, your stay fast guarantee is 17 mbps.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

OK Thanks. I hope you are right. It is a tiny drop for me but may be more for others.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Your actual speed doesn't change in any case, its just the threshold below which you can report it as a fault.

0 Ratings