Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom1817661
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Still getting £0 Bills after closing account

Go to solution

I cancelled my BT account 3 months ago, paid off all my charges.  Now I am still getting bills every month for £0.  It's just annoying as I have to check them each time as I don't trust BT not to bill me in error.  There seems to be no option to completely close my account and stop this happening.  Does anyone know how I do this?  I literally cannot bear to pick up the phone to customer services and waste 2 hours of my life, this is exactly why I left BT in the first place.  Any advice greatly appreciated.  Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Still getting £0 Bills after closing account

Go to solution

Ring BT on 0800 800 150, ask for the 'Connections' team, they'll see there is 1 or more remaining assets on your account, typically equipment waiting to be returned, if it shouldn't be there they'll raise a DI (Data Integrity) which will remove the assets and generate a final bill.

0 Ratings
tom1817661
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks Richie, much appreciated, I had no idea this could be the issue.  I did send everything back but they sent 2 envelopes at different times, I suspect they havent closed off the one I discarded as it wasnt required.  Thanks again. Tom

0 Ratings
tom1817661
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Just spoke to them, actually it wasnt that, it's because I have an old BT talk21 email address, they say unless I keep the account open and keep getting these £0 bills they will totally close the account and I'll lose that email.  I have migrated away from it but it has a lot of historic stuff in there so I don't want to lose all that.  Just seems I have to keep getting these £0 bills, hey ho!

0 Ratings