cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L66GLN
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Still receiving a bill despite being told my account will be closed 5 times!

To my absolute astonishment, I've just received a 'reminder' to pay my bill. 

Despite agreeing to close my account 5 times, I'm now being billed for each service THREE times in one month when I don't owe anything. 

WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON AT BT?!?!

Can someone provide the contact details of the CEO as soon as possible please.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Still receiving a bill despite being told my account will be closed 5 times!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: Still receiving a bill despite being told my account will be closed 5 times!

Hi L66GLN,

I'll be able to take a look at the bill you received. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
L66GLN
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks Paddy, 

I've filled in the form as advised. 

Can you get this sorted before the the end of Friday please, so that I'm able to order BT Sport as a standalone service via Sky before the weekend?

Thanks

Lee

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Once you have filled in the form, it will be 4-6 working days before anyone will be able to look at your problem, as you are in a queue with other people in front of you.

0 Ratings
L66GLN
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

OK...thanks Keith, 

I guess I can just suscribe to BT Sport seperately at the full price now though right?

Whoever deals with my situation will be able to see that I've added the package to via my Sky subscription seperately.

Thanks

Lee

0 Ratings
L66GLN
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I've sent an email back to Paul S regarding the final bill I've received today, asking for £154.00 which included a fee for terminating my contract early.

The Chat Log from the BT Live Chat I had with Bt advisor on 31/07/2015 was enclosed in my email reply which shows my request to terminate the contract on the grounds of the increase in charges. 

The email I received titled 'Important changes to your BT services, plus money saving offers' on 25th July clearly states that I can give 30 days notice to cancel if I was unhappy with the increase, with no penalty for leaving within the minimum term. I did this, as per the Live Chat conversation log, and at least twice subsequently over the phone with other agents (one was Demi in the Accrington office).

Technically, I did leave for another provider, although I didn't need a MAC code as I went to Virgin Media where it's not required, so it's debatable that I should only have to give 14 days notice instead of the 30. 

If you need copies of the letter / BT Live Chat thread, these can be provided on request, although you should already have access to both. 

I'm expecting an amended final bill, which should include some kind of refund, given that I've not used the services since early August. 

Please action this as soon as possible as it's been dragging on now for 3 months.

Thanks

Lee

0 Ratings