cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: Still unable to order broadband. Phone line active.

Go to solution

looks like database has not yet been updated so maybe keep checking   probably friday is update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Mel23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

No, there's nothing like that. Just the usual socket with the openreach logo on it. 

I asked specifically what package they were on, and back when they ordered it was one of the infinity packages and they were very happy with the speeds they got. 

0 Ratings
Mel23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks, I will keep waiting then with fingers crossed for now. I did know I'd have to wait some time, but was told 4 days or a week. 

0 Ratings
Mel23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

One of my above replies was to something that I think has been since edited. 

Could there have been a mistake when getting my phone line? There was some confusion with ordering this as I was told there was no active line at the house and had to pay a big connection fee. Could they have accidentally put me on Exchange Only?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

@Mel23 wrote:

Could there have been a mistake when getting my phone line? There was some confusion with ordering this as I was told there was no active line at the house and had to pay a big connection fee. Could they have accidentally put me on Exchange Only?

How long ago did the last owners move out? Did they have a broadband service from BT at that time, or was it in the past?

Its not a case of accidentally being put on an EO line, it may be the case that there are no other pairs left.

0 Ratings
Mel23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

I think they moved out 6 or 7 weeks before we moved in, and they had fibre when we viewed the house for the final time a couple of weeks prior to that. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

If you saw it working when you visited, and it was that long ago, then the cable pair would have been ceased and most likely re-allocated to a different customer. This can happen if there is a shortage of line plant.

That is why there was no existing line shown, as the only way to guarantee to keep the connection, is via  Working Line Takeover, where you takeover an existing working line.

Not sure what to suggest.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Mel23,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry you haven't been able to order fibre at your new address. If the previous owner had fibre then this should be available for you to order. It does sound like the database hasn't updated correctly.

I'd like to take a look at this for you, to see if anything can be done. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Mel23
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Just as I was replying to your PM I went to check dsl checker again to paste in the error message about engineering works... and it wasn't there!!

I tweeted Openreach last night and they got back to me today letting me know it was a database error and they'd fixed it!

Have placed an order for Superfast and activation is next week. Very happy with the outcome 🙂

BT phone check updated.JPG

pompey1898
Expert
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Good news !