cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Still using old email address

Hi, I changed my email address some weeks ago and can log on account with new details, however all emails are still going to the old address. 

Any suggestions please

thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Still using old email address

Well, yes they will do unless you tell people otherwise. An email address is unique, you can't 'change' it, you can only create a new address.

Message 3 of 9

Think of it as moving home. Unless you tell all your friends and contacts your new address and that the should use that they will still think you are at the old address and continue using that.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I have informed BT of my new email address and have done it online on my account with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Having done that, they are still using the old one.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Don't give the details. Did you change your BTID to be the same as your "new" email address and is it that you are using to log onto your MyBT? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Yes I did
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Message 9 of 9

@Barleythorpe welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'll be happy to get that looked into and will send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings