cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aeiou001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Still waiting for connection

Where to start... having read some forum posts, it seems I'm not alone.

Order placed for Infinity 1, Weekend calls, Entertainment Plus tv, way back on August 2nd.  It's FTTP, so outdoor work booked for August 13th, indoor engineer and switch on 23rd August.

I'm still waiting for the outdoor engineer.  A few days after the appointment date and after I'd made numerous phone calls I had an answerphone message from Openreach, saying there was a delay, as they needed a hoist - they would call me back "in due course".

A week or so passed with no contact, so I chased it up with BT, who then chase it up with Openreach, who provide no answers.  

Many calls later and much frustration, I was told this week, that the external work would happen on Thursday 8 Sept. It didn't.

BT were supposed to call me back today between 10 and 12, they didn't.  So I had to call them and they spoke to Openreach Control Team(?), who said they are struglging to get the hoist and a trained operator, but were hoping to carry out the work early next week. BT are supposed to contact me next Friday (16th) for update. 

I've wasted hours of my life on hold or in phone queus to BT over the last 6 weeks. As others have said, if only someone would take ownership of your case or better still if we could speak directly to Openreach - they just hide behind BT customer services. 

Hugely frustrated and fed up with it all, living with freeview and rubbish broadband, having cancelled Sky.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Still waiting for connection

FTTP involves extra work. Did you call the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787, as the normal BT Helpdesk cannot normally help with FTTP.

0 Ratings
aeiou001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I was transferred to the FTTP team and they woukd speak with Openreach control team.

The issue is that Openreach don't seem to have any managment system in place, whereby they can give a realistic timeframe. They just "elevate" your issue and send someone an email.

If extra work was needed, then BT shouldn't be taking order's until infrastructure is in place.  I've paid good money for this already; if I was having something built and a contractor was delaying, there'd be clauses and compensation.

I completely left BT about 10 years ago, but thought by now things may have improved.  They certainly need to invest in more customer service operatives, as phone queus are regularly 45 minutes.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

it is individual infrastructure that is needed normally blowing a single fibre from the nearest fibre node to the outside of your house
0 Ratings
aeiou001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

A little update - but the original title still holds true.

The external was at last carried out on Monday 19 Sept.

Internal work today.  Engineer turned up and linked eveything together - switched on the smarthub...... but there was a problem. Orange light.  

He made a few calls.  The orignal order had been "split", phone and broadband.  Phone is working, but broadband "build" incomplete.  He spoke to BT, but they couldn't complete the build.   I would need to phone them.

An hour and half on the phone - BT spoke to Openreach, who need to do something to set it up, maybe BT will need to do some work too she informed me.  We will call you back on Friday.  

Once again no timeframe from Openreach.  Hopefully it will be sorted out before friday the lady said....

I'm guessing there's no one that can help with this, to push it over the line?  So close and yet (probably) so far.

The agonising wait goes on.

0 Ratings
aeiou001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Been promised fibre broadband activation will happen today, between midnight and midnight - I'm waiting.....

Does FTTP sometimes activate late at night?

0 Ratings
aeiou001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Still waiting, still nothing....

Last Friday's activation never happened, so I chased them (they never call, when they promise too).

Was told that order would have to be cancelled and re-ordered.  Cancellation would not go through until Tuesday, when they would re-order, with activation on wednesday.....

So, called them tuesday to make sure order had been re-submitted. They said there had been a problem with their ordering system and previous order had not cancelled.  They would have to cancel it, which would take 48hrs to go through.  They would then re-rder on Thursday (tomorrow), with activation on Friday.

They have "promised" to call me on Thursday to confirm cancellation and re-ordering.

There's also an issue with migrating my phone number.

I was promised 21 days from ordering (2nd August) to activation.  Think we are at about 65 days now.

BT are an absolute farce.

0 Ratings