cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DenisMcK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 48

Still waiting for my 1-6pm installation, it's now nearly 10pm!!!!!

So as a new customer, I took today off work to be home for my 1-6pm installation of my TV, Broadband & phone and as of now, nearly 10pm, still waiting.

I'm not expecting the engineer to turn up now. Phoned customer service and the guy in India couldn't tell me where my engineer was, why they hadn't turned up or even if they would turn up. What he did say was that he could put a request in for someone to contact me on Monday, wait....what?! MONDAY?!

I have FIVE emails and TWO texts telling me all about today's installation, yet when I went to mybt.com this evening to track my order, it says I have no orders.

Over the past few hours while waiting, a bit of Googling has really opened my eyes about how BT operates, this forum has been pretty enlightening too, seems I am not the only one. If I had done this before ordering, I definitely wouldn't have signed up to BT. I have worked in Customer Service for about 15 years and have never come across anything like this.

So disappointed in BT, they promised so much before they got my money, now it seems they don't care.

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 48

Re: Still waiting for my 1-6pm installation, it's now nearly 10pm!!!!!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Possibly Openreach has to deal with faults, as they take priority, and the field technician may have run out of time.

Normally everything is self install, so I assume you paid extra for a visit?

DenisMcK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 48

Cheers Keith
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 48

Se my last post, did you pay extra for a visit, or is this for a new phone line as well?

DenisMcK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 48

Yes £44!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 48

@DenisMcK wrote:
Yes £44!

I see, well I would imagine its just the large volume of work. At least you can claim £10 for a missed appointment.

Hopefully the mods can put you in contact with the UK order team tomorrow.

DenisMcK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 48

Thanks Keith, I can understand a large volume of work but at the same time why take orders and promise something you can't deliver, what I also can't understand is the complete lack of contact, update or apology for a no show and a waste of my entire day.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 48

it is most likely due to Openreach's current work overload since the recent storms and their moving engineers around the country to clear faults and repairing damaged infrastucture new installs are being delayed
0 Ratings
DenisMcK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 48

Thanks for the reply John, at this point I don't really care why someone didn't turn up, it's the fact that BT didn't get in touch with me to explain anything and when I try to get in touch with them I get nowhere.

Also don't understand why customers are here helping other customers, basically doing BTs job and they have the cheek to call it BTCare........BTDontCare more like.

Can't see them sending engineers from Edinburgh down south either.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 48

yes they have indeed moved them from all over the UK mainly to the cumbria are were Open reach are operating a MBORC Matters beyond reasonable control I have a neighbour currently working there
0 Ratings