Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Strange BT TV upgrade option

Go to solution

I am currently on entertainment plus. I cannot upgrade to total entertainment since my guaranteed linespeed is 32 mB/s , even though I actually achieve 52 mB/s in practice. Since a min of 44mB/s for UHD is mandated , I am barred from ordering even though I am not interested in UHD,, I just want the full range of HD channels it offers.

However.  If I attempt to order entertainment plus here:

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/add-tv/

It offers me the option to stay on my current BT to subscription , but also an option to purchase a YouView+ Ultra HD Set Top Box at a cost of £49 + delivery 

At checkout it says "Sorry, we couldn't add Ultra HD to your order as you can't get the minimum line speed required."

BT Tv Stay on you current subscription YouView+ Ultra HD Set Top Box One-off charges £58.99 Monthly cost including any offers Your BT Broadband package will be recontracted for a minimum term of 12 months. Your BT TV will be recontracted for a minimum term of 12 months.

its not clear what is being offered. Is it total entertainment ( which has the extra HD channels I want , including BT sport)without the UHD channel, or just entertainment plus but with a Youview+ Ultra HD box?

ive tried asking BT support but getting no sensible response. Any one on here any ideas?

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: Strange BT TV upgrade option

Go to solution

I will ask a moderator for advice.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Stevetuc and thanks for posting.

I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details and we'll take it from there. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution
I'll be very interested in the result: I would like an Ultra HD Box @ £49.99, but want to stay on Ent Plus - ie without the UHD BT Sport ...
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Stevetuc,

I picked up your email. Thanks for sending over the details. Can you please run the speed test, including the further diagnostics, on a wired connection so we can check what the line is actually capable of. Once I have those details I can ty and get the order pushed through for you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

Hi David

As discussed , I wish to stay on my current package. I noticed that in My BT , there is a new order in progress and it lists my package as total entertainment in View My package.

Could you please ensure this order is cancelled and that I stay on Entertainment Plus  and that the contract  stays as:

BT TV contract start date 14th DEC 2016 (Broadband was recontracted for 12 months from this date.)

I added HD EXTRA on 16th Jan 2017 which is free for first 6 months

Can you please confirm the above. When the above is actioned and showing correctly on MY BT, this issue can be closed.

Best Regards

Steve

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Stevetuc,

Thanks for taking my call. I've cancelled the order so no changes will be made to your current package or contract dates.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

Hi David

Thanks for the update. When can I expect the online systems to show the cancellation? I will be travelling again from 24th and would welcome this to be resolved before I leave.

Regards

Steve

0 Ratings
Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

Hi David,

As further info , the order is still active but now shows as:

Change

Entertainment Plus + Add ons

To

No related Products found + Add ons

The contract terms are showing for BT TV as 12 months from 24th Jan 2017 

I'm concerned the cancellation has'nt gone through correctly and will leave me with 

an unwanted extension to my contract and maybe loss of channels..

its irritating , especially as I didn't actually place the order, I just requested details about what was being offered as an upgrade online!

steve

0 Ratings
Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

It's now 24th Jan and despite filling in an online dsr cancellation request incident reference **Edited** on 20th , and then two 45 min phone calls to BT on 23rd , each time being assured that cancellation would occur, it so far hasn't.

I have never know such a difficult company to deal with.

DavidM can you please pick this up and sort out the mess?

0 Ratings