cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

Swiched to bt, two failed activations, completely without broadband, please help

Hello,

I placed an order to switch to bt from sky on 03/11/15 and really wish I hadn't, had a terrible time with BT about 7 years ago, but hoped things had improved and it seems not.

> Switchover was due on 17/11/15, sky went off and BT did'nt come on, after many phone calls, I was told two days later that the 'order had failed due to failure in the system', after speaking to someone in the cancellations department I was given a new date of 24/11/15, I was promised during three calls on that day that it would be active by midnight, of course I didnt believe them and of course nothing came on..Now I am being told I will get an update on 30/11/15, not an activation but an update..

How is this acceptable?

I am completely without brodband, and have no real reason why or when I will have it.

Also, I signed up taking into account the sainsburys voucher which I hoped to get for christmas, but am now told i cannot claim it until my broadband is active. Who can I speak to to speed this up once my broadband is active (if ever)?

I have the feeling there isnt an actual problem simply that BT is simply commited to signing up as many people as possible without being able to provide service..but who knows..

Tags (1)
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: Swiched to bt, two failed activations, completely without broadband, please help

see if mods can help and they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 31

Re: Swiched to bt, two failed activations, completely without broadband, please help

What do I need to do to see if mods can help? Thanks

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 31

The mods will post a contact link when they see this post. Imjolly's message was simply letting you know that he had asked the mods to assist you. 🙂
0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 31

ok, thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

Hi broadbandplease and welcome.

I'm really sorry there's been a delay getting you activated. Your best option would be to contact our order team who will own the complaint until resolution. I'll drop you a PM now with a link where you can chat them online. Once you've done that post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 31

pm received. thanks. will update here

0 Ratings
Highlighted
IBB
Beginner
Message 8 of 31

Once I'd spoken to someone via webchat and it was shunted along to the UK team, I got some honest straight-up answers from a chap who actually knew what he was talking about (and openly groaned at the incompetence of previous contacts), so good luck with this Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

Ok, I have just spoken with someone, who didnt go into technical details etc..but did tell me that the 'work' has been done and that they had grabbed me the next activation date available being 01/12/15..

She is also going to give me a call back on Wednesday to make sure it came on, and is going to see if she can help with my sainsburys voucher...

The guys in india just seem to lie or make things up, so hopefully this is for real.

Thanks david for the link,

0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 31

Whilst I am here...

I can see a bt wifi with fon signal in my wireless. I am supposed to be able to use this right? It's a pretty strong signal, so maybe its a neighbour...I can connect to the signal, but then no webpages actually load so it seems no actual connectivity.. Can anyone help?

0 Ratings