cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 31

Re: Swiched to bt, two failed activations, completely without broadband, please help

you need to login with the primary btinternet .com address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Re: Swiched to bt, two failed activations, completely without broadband, please help

You mean a bt email address or my account login? I dont have an email address, they haven't given me one as they haven't activated my broadband..Also it doesn't reach that page, nothing happens, just a white screen..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 31

Do you have your hub connected to power s switched on as that would show btwifi just it won't connect

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 31

No, my router is switched off, it's somebody elses bt wifi with fon router..
0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 31

So, I connect to a bt wifi with fon, belonging to someone nearby, but then no web pages load, no log in page nothing..

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 31

Just an update as per mods.

So had my third activation date today, and as I expected am still without service. This time I bumped into an engineer in the street, who confirmed he was supposed to be switching me on, but was having problems..

Turns out according to him that bt'S record of what cabinet leads to my place, was incorrect and he couldnt find a pathway to me...He said he would spend all say doing traces and find me, then switch me on..

In the afternoon he called me and said had found me, but would not be able to complete the job as he would now have to put todays activation down as a failure and a new activation date would have to be booked, I asked why he did't just carry on and switch me on, and he said he cant without the records being updated first - he is booked to do it wrong, and has to be rebooked to do it right lol

Absolutely hilarious if it was remotely funny at this point...

So now I await a new activation date..The above says it all really - the engineer is in the area, my activation date was today, which is my 3rd but because im on a dif cabinet or something he cant do what he actually could do quite easily..doing it then informing BT that they had wrong info is a concept beyond all possibility for some reason..nice!

0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 31

Few phone calls again yesterday, told I will have broadband on Friday, but my account doesnt say that so who knows..

To top it off I got an sms text telling my I am reaching my international freedom call limit..Didn't even know it had a limit - I purposefully paid extra for it as we extensively call Italy..I am now told international 'freedom' is really international 600 mintues - ie 19 mins a day..How can an inclusive call package be useable for 19 mins a day..This is a joke now..I had a similar package on sky which of course was actually unlimited..I am told there is nothing anyone can do, no bespoke package for me, nothing, so much for innovative BT.

so I have no broadband and the phone is now pretty useless too for us as well. Pay more get less!

Worst mistake ever to switch from sky to this. Sorry just really gutted taking into account the whole mess.

0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 31

Woo, we ran out of international call minutes..!

4th activation date today, emails and sms messages saying it's active, but of course it isn't at all...Nice

The saga continues, can't wait to speak to someone in bangalore about it.

0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 31

Well, another failure, it won't be coming on today, BT have kindly arranged an engineers vist for next week tuesday....Unreal, you would think after all the failures, the engineer would have just checked it really is active, before flagging the job as done..Why not just do it properly today..

Shocking shocking company, consistantly lives down to expectation.

I am now told I might not even be able cancel, as its down as active even though it isn't

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
broadbandplease
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 31

Re: Swiched to bt, FOUR failed activations, completely without broadband, please help!!

So it's tuesday 8th december, placed order over a month ago, and now four weeks with no broadband 😞

The engineer just came again, went to the cabinet and then rang me and told me the exact same thing the last engineer told me - That the paperwork/map he has leads to the wrong cabinet - the one next to mine - he can see my cabinet, and told me it would take him ten minutes, but he cant swith me on with incorrect paperwork - This is now insane...Hilarious that my account has stated I have active broadband since 4th dec..

I called BT and cant get through to anyone who can call the engineer and tell him, look switch it on, then sort the paperwork afterwards..Open reach wont speak to me..

Total Disgrace

Tags (1)
0 Ratings