cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Switched from TalkTalk on 20/1/23 and still being charged by TalkTalk

Go to solution

Hi,

I switched over to BT on 20/1/23 and I'm still getting charged by TalkTalk.

According to this page (https://www.bt.com/broadband/switch) BT handles the cancellation for you (except if you're with Virgin Media).

Please can someone look into this as I've contacted TalkTalk and they rudely stated that no one has been in touch to cancel the service and started arguing.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Switched from TalkTalk on 20/1/23 and still being charged by TalkTalk

Go to solution

have you tried CS 03301234150 and see if they can help clarify

did you notify TT that you were leaving when applying to BT?  did you have any TV with TT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@imjolly  Thanks for the response.

I didnt notify them as I was under the impression they do the cancellations for you, as per the website.

I only had broadband, no tv.

Suppose i'll ring them then.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

not notifying TT is the correct way just many people notify there ISP before moving and causes problems

try CS and if you get nowhere then post back and can see if mods can help

more likely you will need to phone TT and cancel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@danthaman 

If you have Full Fibre from BT, and had copper from TalkTalk, then that may be cause of the issue as TT would still see the copper connection as active.

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@danthaman 

If you have Full Fibre from BT, and had copper from TalkTalk, then that may be cause of the issue as TT would still see the copper connection as active.

This would be my thoughts as well, if you take out different BB then the Talktalk line wasn't taken over, you instead opted for a different means of service.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. Ill just try CS then and see what they say.

Unless i'm being an idiot (with is entirely plausible) I couldnt see anywhere on BT's website that says i would need to cancel with the old supplier when switching.

I get that switching from copper could cause some sort of issue but if it could be clearly explained online, when ordering, it would save a lot of time waiting on hold to try and sort it (and also their resources).

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@danthaman  did you have ADSL or FTTC with Talktalk and now have FTTP with BT ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi all,

Sorted now. Spoke to a lovely lady at CS and she explained it and as a gesture of goodwill credited my account with the amount id been charged from TalkTalk.

Thanks all for the responses.

0 Ratings