Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Switching Bill Credit Not Applied

Go to solution

Hi,

I switched my broadband back to BT in February as part of the offer to pay my termination charges from my then current ISP.

I received confirmation from the Switching Team on 5th March that a credit for £300 would be applied to my account within 28 days - it's over two months since and the credit still hasnt been applied to my account, so I'm currently £300 out of pocket since having to pay my termination bill to Vodafone.

I've been unable to get through on the phone - are any Mods on here able to help?

Thanks,

Carly

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Switching Bill Credit Not Applied

Go to solution

Hi Carly,

I have the same issue and was wondering if you got this sorted?

I feel that BT is doing this on purpose for not paying up on their empty promises and has a lot of lazy and incompetent people running the show here!

Thanks and regards to all the community members

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @The_tiger62,

Thank you for posting. If you signed up to BT through the Broadband Buyout offer and you still haven't received your credit you would need to contact the switching team using the email address switchingteam@bt.com

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Already done this 4 weeks a go and still nothing! I am not stupid, you guys never do your due diligence before replying!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @The_tiger62,

Thank you for replying to my post. I'm sorry if my post offended you, it was a genuine attempt by myself to try and help.

If you have already contacted the switching team and sent in the final bill from your old provider, the credit is normally applied within 28 days of the final bill being received by BT.

If its longer than the 28 days, the only way to chase credit is through the switching team using the email address I've provided.

Please bear in mind that we do still have a lot of our staff working from home or self-isolating so it does mean that things are taking bit longer than normal.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Then I will delay to pay my second bill till this matter is resolved, as I am also affected by covid-19, how's that for an excuse! working from home should be a breeze to do your job faster as you don't have the inconvenience of not taking time to reach the office and the office politics, find another excuse to tell customers. If I could leave BT I would have done it in a heart beat -:(

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@The_tiger62  I finally got the matter resolved last week, after having to submit two complaints to Head Office, with the matter apparently being escalated on both separate occasions.

Only took six months for the credit to be applied - I wish you luck!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Wow It has taken them that long to sort this out for you,

I hope it was all worth it at the end,

Good luck

0 Ratings