cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Switching From A Call Plan to Pay As You Go

Go to solution

Hello,

We are currently on the 500 Minute Call Plan and about to move house. During the discussions about the move I asked to be put on to Pay As You Go but checking through the order on the MyBT app  it looks as though I will be on the 700 Minute Call Plan. 

I am hesitant to phone up the House Move Team again - it has taken three discussions to get this far - what is the best way to to switch to PAYG? For example, wait until we move then switch online? 

Grateful for any help.

David

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Switching From A Call Plan to Pay As You Go

Go to solution

Has the home move order been raised already ? if it has you'll need to let it complete first before making any more changes.

One thing to be mindful of is value for money, the 500 minute plan is no longer sold, it's £5.11 per month (ish) but downgrading to PAYG is £2 per month, so you would save £3 per month but if you do use the landline you would pay 20p per minute on PAYG which is £12 per hour.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply which was very helpful - I will stay with the 700 Minute Plan.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I’m on the PAYG plan and don’t pay £2 per month for the privilege, I don’t pay anything , TBH it’s hardly PAYG if you have to pay £2 even if you don’t make a single call .
I think the confusion over this is that now BT do broadband only plans , ( so no incoming or outgoing calls are possible , there isn’t a dialtone on the ‘line’ ) and these are £5 cheaper per month than the same broadband package but with the ability to make and receive calls , then arguably PAYG is £5 but anecdotally , this is discounted to £2 if you call to negotiate , so you ask for broadband only (£5 cheaper ) and BT offer to add the ability to make and receive calls for £2 instead of £5.
On a regular phone and broadband package, like mine ,the  PAYG  calls plan is free , calls are charged for if you make them , but is  £5 more than stand alone broadband

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for clarifying - I hadn't realised that BT has a broadband only package. 

I used to be a PAYG plan about a year ago and didn't pay anything then therefore was surprised that I was having to pay £2 but BT keep changing the price of their packages it is difficult to keep up. I will discuss with the BT Home Move team after Christmas.

Another question - if I am on a 700 Minute Plan can I easily switch to PAYG or the Broadband only package?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

You may find that all new broadband contracts are broadband only, unless you request a phone service. That will be provided over BT Digital voice.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/BT-Digital-Voice-a-better-way-to-keep-in-to...

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@David21wrote:

Another question - if I am on a 700 Minute Plan can I easily switch to PAYG or the Broadband only package?

You can switch between PAYG, 700 minutes or Unlimited minutes when you want, they are simply addons on a rolling 30 day term.

Switching to BB only and ditching the voice element can also be done anytime, the savings are whatever the cost of the calling plan you have at the time.

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks fro clarifying the packages.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the web link.

0 Ratings