cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Switching Team email address?

Hello, I was just looking for some help finding an appropriate email to talk to the switching team at BT, I just phoned BT and was sent an email but the email they sent me was a no reply email, and I couldn't find a valid email in the email they sent me. I'm still being pestered by Talktalk about a bill that BT said they would cover and I need to send this via an email to BT so they can sort it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Switching Team email address?

@Jake92 

Welcome to this user forum.

You may still have to pay your Talk Talk bill first, as you need that proof of payment to get the credit added to your BT account.

See http://home.bt.com/-nbsp/switching-to-bt-broadband-has-never-been-easier-11363926763644

"1.      Once you’ve placed your order for BT Broadband, send us your final bill from your current supplier, which must state any early termination charges you have had to pay. If you receive your bills online, simply forward your last bill to switchingteam@bt.com. If you receive a paper bill, just take a photo (or scan) of your bill and send the photo to us at the above email address. Please make sure you include your BT order reference number that our agent will have given you in the subject line of your email"

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi Keith, sorry I'm a bit confused, I've already paid my first bill with BT, why do I have to pay the exit fee with TalkTalk when I was told I wouldn't have to deal with them anymore? I was told all this would be covered from BT that I wouldn't have to contact them anymore. And if I do pay the exit fee myself, how does it work that BT cover it for me? Do I have to send proof that I've paid it? And where do I send that to?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

from reading @Keith_Beddoe post you should actually settle the final bill with TT ensuring early  termination charge is shown and then send the bill to BT who will then reimburse you for early termination cost

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

So I'm supposed to pay it myself and then BT reimburse me? Well I wasn't told that when switching, I was told I didn't have to deal with TT anymore I was told BT would sort it from then on out. So I can't send the termination fee email until I've paid it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

BT do not actually pay you any money back, the amount of the exit fee is shown as a credit to your account, so you will still have to pay the TT bill.

Have you send a copy of that final bill to the switching team as requested?

Read the details on that website I posted, its all there.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I've just sent the email now to the switching team, so I still have to pay TT for this bill?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@Jake92 wrote:
I've just sent the email now to the switching team, so I still have to pay TT for this bill?

Yes, that is the way it works, there is no money paid to you by BT. Once its been validated, the credit will be applied to your BT account. Read all the details on that web page.

"3.      We’ll credit your account within 28 days. You’ll see your account credit appear on your BT account which will equal the amount we have stated in the confirmation email to you

Please note: You will still have to pay any termination charges but the credit on your BT account will mean you will get this back in the form of lower payments to BT."

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 9

Talktalk send you a final bill, some of which includes early termination fees, you have to pay that.
You then send BT switching team an email of your final bill, which includes the early termination fee.
BT apply a credit to the value of the early terination fee* to your BT account, which will be used against future bills until used up.

*Switching offer covers the landline and broadband charges only, TV, mobile and other serrvices not included.