cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Switching from BT to Ee

Go to solution

@robh66 

at least you found a BT CS person who knows that switches from BT to EE should not incur termination charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

How did the switch go was everything fine in the end ?

Message 13 of 21

Go to solution
It finally got sorted, I'm on New EE at the same speed as BT Halo 3+ which was 900mb down & 110mb up.
Got a New EE Router & Wi -Fi extender to replace the BT equipment, and I was able to keep the BT Hybrid device as well. Which did connect after a few hiccups during the re-pairing.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

I currently pay £41.95 per month for fibre 2.  I was quoted £69.99 per month to move to the equivalent package (Fiber 67 essentials) on EE. Why would I move to almost double my monthly payments? 

I also noticed fibre 67 essentials is currently £29.99 per month to new customers. 

So I’m being encouraged to move to EE and almost double my current monthly payments with BT and pay over double what new customers would pay for the same product. No thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Interesting they told me they couldnt switch as I was on Halo 3. They said once it was sorted they would ring me. They never did.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

That’s odd, because apart from being mis-sold the 1.6gb as that was an incentive offer only.  I managed to get someone who knew about regrading from BT to EE. 
What you could try is phone them again, hopefully you’ll get some else. And ask for the Full Works package, that’s what I’m in with EE and you get the same speeds as Halo 3+, and you get to keep the hybrid device. 
All they will ask for is the Smart Hub 2 & the wi-fi disc or discs to be sent back. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks I might give it one last go.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

I couldn’t agree more. It’s been a nightmare from start in March until now. Firstly I was told EE were providing the fibre and everything else such as emails and anti virus would be with BT.

Firstly EE engineer said I couldn’t put the Ee hub/router where my existing one was. After paying an electrician to instal plug sockets by the front door the next engineer asked why ??? The speeds were worse than before. A disc arrived and yet another engineer came and installed upstairs. I never asked for it but now ee want to charge me  £50 for it.  Meanwhile I can’t manage my Bt emails or Bt cloud or access anti virus. Evidently BT aren’t interested in me any more as I am no longer a customer …guides suggest I use the EE app. The problem with that is they can’t sort out my EE ID so I can’t manage anything there either ! I have been told guides will call me back but don’t. I emailed the ceo Marc allera & got some action. A guide from his department was so bombastic & unsympathetic so I was reduced to tears. They now say I can go back to BT after 3 months of stress.The switch over isn’t  working and the sales team don’t seem to be informed of what they can offer . Now I have to negotiate with someone who didn’t want to listen to my problems and he tells me he is the only one in the executive team. Any suggestions for negotiations would be great.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Did the 1st engineer explain why you couldn’t have the EE router where the old one was, because where your old router / hub would’ve been near the fibre entry point and the fibre box that got installed by OR while still with BT.

But the fact they seemed to brush your problem under the carpet, looks it might be to try and make a complaint to EE.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

They said they weren’t allowed to instal in a kitchen . The next engineer said rubbish they probably wanted the closest point! This was open reach when assessing where to put the entry point etc. Obviously this was the start of the whole disastrous saga with many issues piling up !

0 Ratings