cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Switching to Business Broadband from residential - to get a static IP address, what are the risks?

Hi, 

I currently have; Superfast Fibre Halo 2, on a residential line, but I will soon be needing a static IP address, so I have been considering switching BT Business Broadband, to get one.  However, I am slightly concerned about doing this for the following reasons.

1. I have recently renewed my contract for BT broadband
  2. I also have a BT Mobile, phone plan, associated with my BT account
  3. I currently have the Halo 2, care plan
  4. I can not afford  a reduction in my download/upload speeds or fluctuating ping
  5. I now have the Smart Hub 2, and I don't want to downgrade to a lesser model
  6. I am concerned about the cost of having Business Broadband, instead of residential broadband

If I switch to BT Business Broadband, what will be the differences between that and my residential package, especially in regards to the above points of contention?  It seems like a lot of hassle and worries, just because I need a static IP address.  

Lastly, what is the business equivalent of my, Superfast Fibre Halo 2, package?

Regards

Jason

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Switching to Business Broadband from residential - to get a static IP address, what are the risk

@jaytelford 

As BT Business and BT Residential are different parts of the business, you would not be able to change without cancelling your existing contract, at great expense, and starting a new BT Business account.

As to the different packages, you would have to look on the BT Business website.

Why do you need a static IP address, as a DDNS service will give you a web address that will always point to your public IP address?

0 Ratings