Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
despair
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

TOTAL DESPAIR AT BT ACCOUNT SERVICES

Go to solution

We foolishly switched to BT TV in April this year after many reliable years with Sky - what a mistake.

We signed up for the Ultra 4K package. Engineer didn't arrive for appointment, didn't arrive with equipment. 

When they did turn up they told us that they couldn't install the 4K package due to a technical difficulty which the engineer told us was being currently resolved by BT. We had to have the ordinary HD package instead but were told they would leave the order open for resolution at a later date. Big mistake we should have cancelled then!

Billing problems started immediately with incorrect charges for services we couldn't receive, charges for BT sport despite being sold as free for the duration of the contract, extra HD channels charged but not available.

When we tried to resolve the problems via customer services we spent literally hours and hours being transferred between departments at home and abroad repeatedly explaining the problems to each representative with varying degrees of success to Indian departments unable to comprehend. 

Unable to speak to the same person twice and get a coherent response from a UK department, BT complaint service seemed like a good route to waste a few more hours. Another mistake. Whilst you at least get a response from them in India it is impossible to respond to them as emails get bounced back despite being sent from the original computer it was raised on. The only way to contact them is via the painful browser based Compaint form designed to waste a few more hours and we still haven't discovered means of retaining a copy of the complaint.

After almost 4 months we are still haven't resolved the account. We have almost given up the will to live and despair at the services offered by BT and their mediation procedures.

So, if you are remotely considering switching to BT services for TV prepare to set aside several days of frustration, incapable, incomprehensible, representatives prepared to make your transition a living hell whilst efficiently clearing out your bank account with spurious DDRs and refusing to credit your account, then DO NOT DO IT unless you have a paid up membership to Dignitas.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: TOTAL DESPAIR AT BT ACCOUNT SERVICES

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @despair,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you had. I can get one of the guys to pick this up for you over the next few days. You can get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. We're based in the UK and we'll keep in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Gafs
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Sorry to hear your in an even worse position than me. I too am facing the nightmare that is BT customer service. I have reported them to watchdog and will be going to the ombudsman about my issues. It seems like existing customers don't matter, I hope you get it resolved!
0 Ratings
despair
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you Moderators and member Gafs!

Long standing BT customers should never be exposed to such deplorable customer services.

Customers should be able to follow the thread of their complaint irrespective of the department it is fobbed off to, home or abroad and dealt with by a representative who can be contacted directly.

We hope we can get resolution and cancel our Dignitas subscription!

0 Ratings
despair
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Well thanks to the very welcome assistance of the forum and its moderators it seems as though we may be getting somewhere and have actually received some credits on my BT account!

I received a courteous call from one of the moderators offering apologies and indicating that BT were attempting to resolve the appalling customer services reputation they have generated for themselves including making more complaint services UK based. Hooray!

Lets hope the next bill's correct otherwise I'll be renewing the subscription to Dignitas!

0 Ratings