Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 1 of 19

TV and BT Sport cancelled ?

Go to solution

hi guys

I sub to broadband, landline, tv, mobile and BT sport

I went into myBT and " BT sport " and "TV" are greyed out and according to the online chat i don't have a subscription for them two.

the contract for TV and Sport was supposed to end in 3 months from now. Im not entirely sure but i may have called up in November 2018 asking to cancel as i dont use BT TV or Sports, only the broadband, could this be why ?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Guru
Message 2 of 19

Re: TV and BT Sport cancelled ?

Go to solution

@Venomxwrote:

hi guys

I sub to broadband, landline, tv, mobile and BT sport

I went into myBT and " BT sport " and "TV" are greyed out and according to the online chat i don't have a subscription for them two.

the contract for TV and Sport was supposed to end in 3 months from now. Im not entirely sure but i may have called up in November 2018 asking to cancel as i dont use BT TV or Sports, only the broadband, could this be why ?

You may have called? You either did or you didn’t.  Did you receive email confirmation of your cancellation?

Stew

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

It was months ago so i cannot remember. Never received any emails.

I called up and got through to a helpful lady who said i did infact call up in November asking for cancellation.

Surely if i cancelled before my contract was due to expire i'd have to pay a surcharge ?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

True. Did you receive any email confirmation?

Stew

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution
nope no emails
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Well are you still being billed for TV/Sport?

Stew

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution
I asked on live chat earlier and they said from this month (january 2019 ) I will not be billed for BT sport or TV as it's been cancelled.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Well you may well be charged for leaving contract early in January when billed. 

Do you still want to cancel? If not you need to contact to reinstate your contract.

Stew

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Venomx,

If you decide that you'd like BT TV back then you'll need to wait until after your home move order completes. If you would like our help getting it back, or finding out what happened, you can always post up here a few days before the 18th.

Thanks

DanielS

Expert
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Hi thanks for the info !

I'm happy to keep it cancelled, as recently i very rarely use the box for anything other than terrestrial channels so no point in paying £12 for that and BT sport.

It did ring a bell when i thought to myself that i must have requested a cancellation in November as there is a 30day notice period which is why it comes into effect this month ( i speculate )

Because it was two months ago when i requested cancellation i got confused when i saw that TV and Sport isn't in my package any more.

Anyway i'm happy to pay the early cancellation fee as the sub was only for another 3 months 🙂

Will the fee come out of my bill next month

0 Ratings