cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john2020
Beginner
Message 11 of 20

Re: Taking BT to a small claims court for loss of earnings?

Well surprise surprise! I had a Bt moderator contact me by phone yesterday at 12:39. We spoke on the phone for around 10 minutes. The moderator informed me she was due to leave work at 1pm and promised to call me back today Thursday 15th August at 4pm. I leave work at 3:15pm, arrive home at 3:45pm.

Guess what?? 4pm NO ONE CALLED ONCE AGAIN. Another failed callback from BT.

SHAME ON YOU! DISGRACEFUL.
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

the mods are very busy it is possible that you may get a call later
0 Ratings
Highlighted
atsang
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

sorry john46, I did NOT find your answer helpful at all. you shouldn't have replied, and should just let the thread sink, then everyone can forget about it.

BUSY IS NOT AN EXCUSE, EVERYONE HERE IS BUSY.

SIMPLY SAYING BUSY AND NOT FULFIL ANY PROMISES, IT SHOWS EXACTLY HOW INCOMPETENT THESE PEOPLE ARE. 

WE DONT WANT TO HEAR WHATEVER REASONS YOU CAN THINK SO, JUST GET THE JOB DONE AND WE WONT BOTHER YOU. THEN YOU CAN GO ENJOY YOUR NAP IN THE AFTERNOON.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 20

@atsang wrote:

sorry john46, I did NOT find your answer helpful at all. you shouldn't have replied, and should just let the thread sink, then everyone can forget about it.

BUSY IS NOT AN EXCUSE, EVERYONE HERE IS BUSY.

SIMPLY SAYING BUSY AND NOT FULFIL ANY PROMISES, IT SHOWS EXACTLY HOW INCOMPETENT THESE PEOPLE ARE. 

WE DONT WANT TO HEAR WHATEVER REASONS YOU CAN THINK SO, JUST GET THE JOB DONE AND WE WONT BOTHER YOU. THEN YOU CAN GO ENJOY YOUR NAP IN THE AFTERNOON.

But you didn't value your own advice to let the thread sink? Typing in capitals is rude and more than a tad arrogant.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
ma_davies
Beginner
Message 15 of 20

I would be interested to see how you get on as it would appear I am heading to a showdown with BT that could end up in a court case.

I moved to BT after enjoying SKY for many trouble free years but I moved house and thought Id try something different so I paid for BT broadband package with BT vision, the whole package with unlimited calls the works.

Since then nothing has worked as it should, the Broadband wasn't switched on for around 2 weeks after being promised on an almost daily basis that it would be working by the following day, in a nutshell being passed from anonymous pillar to anonymous post. 

I still havent got BT sport up and running because according to 'my BT' I dont have Broadband on my package even though its up and running perfectly.

The catalogue of let downs and failure to return calls after many promises is far to complicated and lengthy to go into here.

The upshot of it all is that I have made a total of 27 calls averaging 45 minutes each before deciding to cancel my BT package and move back to Sky after failing to resolve the outstanding issues regarding BT Sport. The customer service received has been appalling really disgraceful. and I have left the lengthy phone call on each and every time feeling angry and resentful that BT think I have nothing better to do with my time than to sit with a telephone pressed to my ear listening to Grieg which I hope I never have to listen to again.

I have now been told that I will have to pay charges for the rest of the contract period after already spending a lot of money with BT setting up my initial system with them and paying line rental a year in advance.

As I see it a contract is a two way street, if my BT product was working as it should the I would be happy to stay with BT. If the customer services department from BT had been efficient in dealing with the problems then again I would be staying with BT. I am reluctantly moving back to Sky because their products work and their customer services work.

0 Ratings
CliveLowery
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Hi,

I am in a not too similar situation, they (BT) seem to think that because their engineer failed to turn up and they lied on several occasions as to when he might grace me with his presence, they have the right to charge me £212 for the privilege of being messed about by them and having taken 3 days off work to ensure someone was in.

Almost certainly they will again fail to respond to my emails and letters and sort it out. My only advantage that you do not have is that I managed to stop the DD before they got their thieving hands on any money and I still have their equipment cluttering up my front room, which I have given notice to them that I will be charging them storage costs.

Also I have switched back to Sky - even though BT keep billing me!

I note Mr Buckley electronically signs letters but never actually says "Sorry we got it wrong"

I too would be interested to hear how you get on!

Fight the good fight and don't let them think they can treat customers like dog pooh!

Regards

Clive  

0 Ratings
Cmurphy
Contributor
Message 17 of 20

They keep treating their customers like this. Shameful. Time to contact Watchdog too. I've had MULTIPLE issues, a high street store wouldn't get away with it but they feel that by spreading over a call centre web they can negate all responsibility. Read my post please to see their shifty practices in misselling and reneging on promises made. We can't let them get away with it.
0 Ratings
Peterxrm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

I have just had the most belligerent letter a customer of BT could receive. I have been asking since January 2013 for a BT Basics application form. No luck, then the ombudsman who managed to get BT to agree to a settlement only to have it time out. Then BT respond making quotes that are totally incorrect etc. The ombudsman say my case worker has left! So I am back in January 2013 time. 

Has any one had problems over BT giving false informatiopn to a govt.dept and using such false information to withold their services after the ombudsma had intervened.

I have never been treated so bad by a lot of incompetent people. They desrve to be taken to court as it seems that if they do not or ignore the terms agreed with the ombudsman the ombudsman then withdraws from the scene leaving you to your own devices. 

How long before a BT mod of this forum will respond is open for a bet?

P.Howard

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Hi Peterxrm,

I would like to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings