0 Ratings
Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Re: Tech and Gadget Rewards

Go to solution
Hi,

Is there any update on this?

Have had a bit of a shocking conversation with customer services saying that because by had to repush the order for b/band through due to an error at BTs end that I became unelligable for the offer! This is entirely unaceptable. I placed the order online, got the confirmation email. Then due to a FAULT at BTs end they had to correct and replace the order. It's not something I can control! The main deal maker for switching to bt was the offer of the Amazon Echo and the £120 reward card for signing up to Ultrafast.

So far my experience has been well below what I now expect. . . Difficulty placing order (due to BTs end), wrong hub delivered (smart hub instead of smart hub 2 so I had to call to get correct hub sent out), smart hub 2 arrived with broken leg and rattle inside and was faulty, new smart hub 2 sent, no ADSL filter power lead or BB cables with new hub so had to call to RE Re order, now working fine, on go live date engineer turned up without contacting me when BT specifically said I wouldn't need a visit, now having issues with dropping connection (openreach engineer coming this Friday)...

I was with sky for 10 years and never had anything like this at all!

Besides the amazing speeds this isn't the best start to my new contract.

Can someone please respond to this as matter of urgency. Just really angry to be told might not qualify due to fault that isn't anything I did!!! I can forgive hiccups as this can happen with any product but seriously reaching a point where I might regret having swapped!

Stuart
0 Ratings
Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution
Apologies for the typos but I'm very upset!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

If it was an issue with the order, then its not your fault, and I am sure the BT helpdesk have a special process for dealing with this, as it has happened to other people, and it was resolved by the moderators, so try not to worry, just leave it to the moderators.

Its quite possible the helpdesk agent was unaware of the correct process in this case.

Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution
Thanks Keith ..sorry for going nuts there but just rather confused ... Hopefully hear back from them soon
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

@Toddie1982 wrote:
Thanks Keith ..sorry for going nuts there but just rather confused ... Hopefully hear back from them soon

It would be best if you did not ring BT yourself, just leave it to the moderators to sort out, as they have a direct contact with the promotions team, but it can take a few days for them to deal with a problem

It can happen that orders initially placed online can fail, and assistance is needed to place the order. An order can also get cancelled and needs to be manually resubmitted by BT.

Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution
No problem. I completely understand. I will leave it with moderators and avoid l any contact untill hearing from them.
0 Ratings
Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution
Hi all,

Does any of the moderator team have an update on this at all?

Stuart
0 Ratings
Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Hi

Bit of an update on this one....

Have recieved my email letting me choose my free tech gift which I have now done. Just waiting for the one to claim the reward mastercard to become active as still says no reward elligable.

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

@Toddie1982 That's great, I'm glad you've been able to claim your gift.  I'll let @PaddyB know that you've posted and he'll chase up the reward card for you.