cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Technical error Ref# CON-0067 - Unable to order Infinity due to Address Issue?

Go to solution

My contract with TalkTalk is coming to an end, so I have been trying to place a new order for BT Infinity Unlimited as a new customer because of the good reward card offer at the moment and cashback with Quidco. I have tried different browsers, not going through cashback sites, etc. and still the same outcome !

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/affiliate-packages-broadband/?s_cid=con_cic_aff_affwi...

Have gone round in circles with online chat, etc. to help me, hence my post on here !!!!!

During the ordering process, I picked my house from the first address list which listed my house name, number and street. It said I could have Infinity and after going through "Personal Details" page (name etc.) BT page takes me to this:

"Sorry...

There's been a technical error – but you can still place your order online.

To order a Broadband and Calls package with optional TV, click here
To add BT TV to your existing BT broadband package, click here
To order a BT Mobile plan, click here
To order a new phone line, click here
To switch your calls back to BT Click here

Ref# CON-0067"

I then get an email from BT saying your order didn't complete and to try again !

After researching online, I found that this error is related to incorrect addressing, and is a fairly common issue.  After inputting my postcode in the checker, my address was repeated twice - the first list with my house name, number and street and the second list with just the house number and street.

So this time I picked my address by choosing from the second list (no house name, just house number and street) and then it told me this:

"We're sorry, but you can't get BT Infinity at the moment because of where you live. But here are some other great broadband deals you can definitely have."

I know I can have Infinity in my property as I've had it with BT before and another provider ! When I ordered then, I choose the house name and number option from the first list and it went through fine, so no idea why it is now preventing me from ordering???? Also using this link, fibre is available at my property: https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx

As a test, I chose the normal broadband instead of Infinity and this time I'm able to process my order OK - no "Ref# CON-0067" error.

I don't want to lose the cashback / giftcard offer by ordering offline, so what can I do ??? How can I get my address to be recognised or changed in the database so I can infinity????

P.S. The Royal Mail postcode checker, lists my house as a number, not house name and number, but this has not prevented me ordering broadband in the past, as I have always chosen the house name and number option with no issues.

Thank you in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Technical error Ref# CON-0067 - Unable to order Infinity due to Address Issue?

Go to solution

Hi @markie1

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having placing your order on our website.  The community isn't going to be able to help with this so we will pick this up from here.

The offers are only available with orders placed online however I appreciate you're having problems placing your order.  Send us over your details to see if there is anything we can do for you from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
markie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Technical error Ref# CON-0067 - Unable to order Infinity due to Address Issue?

Go to solution
Hey, thanks for quick reply. Have sent form. Hope to hear from you soon.
0 Ratings
markie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Just an update to help anyone who has same / similar situation.

Was contacted by someone from BT about 24 hours after this help request on this forum was made, so thank you for that !

He told me to put in an ORDI request with my current broadband provider as my address details on Openreach's database did not exactly match that of the Post Office database.

You can find the Post Office Database my googling Post Office Address Finder.

This ORDI request changed the Openreach database to the correct address. This took approx 48 hours, although I was told up to 10 working days.

I was then able to process my order for fibre broadband.

In a nutshell, Openreach's database had my address down with a house name, then number, then street. The Post Office one had just the house number and street.

No idea why this would make such a diifference to the ordering process, but it did ! 

P.S. Always use forums like these and TalkTalk's online community (my present provider) for issues, as phoning up or using the online chat people with BT or TalkTalk had not gone any idea what the issue was !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @markie1

Thanks for posting back letting the community know the solution to your problem! Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”