cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WightJon
Message 1 of 4

? Telephone hijack

Go to solution

My wife and I are Old Age Pensioners, and were very surprised to see on our latest bill that we had apparently telephoned an 'Adult Services ' line 3 times consecutively, each time for exactly 8minutes and 19seconds for a total cost of £93.84p. Has anyone else experienced anything similar in terms of what we believe to be hi-jacking? BT are sticking to their guns at the moment, saying we must have made the calls.....  we believe it was after my wife may have answered a silent 'International Call'. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: ? Telephone hijack

Go to solution

Hi @WightJon welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you have cause to complain about the premium rate number charges on your recent bill. You can't be charged for an incoming call and it is very doubtful that your line has been hijacked.

Can you enter the number on the following Phone-paid services authority website they regulate the 090 numbers and will be able to give you more information on the number called and report it if you feel it was a scam.

WightJon
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks, all is now good. No hijack. Son used connection service to talk to BA.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@WightJon No problem, I'm glad that I was able to help.  In the future I'd recommend using our online directory enquiries service to find the number direct number to call https://www.thephonebook.bt.com/

0 Ratings