cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anned13
Message 1 of 3

Temporary internet contract

Hi,

I'm in a rented house and have to leave in  two months as the landlord has given notice. My housemate who had the phone and broadband bill in her name has just moved out taking my internet connection with her. I need to be able to access the internet at home for the next two months but am under the impression that I can't just pay for two months of line rental and would have to have a 12 month contract and then pay a cancellation fee. Do BT have any temporary packages either for the line or for line plus internet? Or are there any other options?  I don't actually want the phone line, just the internet.

Thanks,

Anne

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Temporary internet contract

No, but there is a nine month deal for students.

http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/unlimited-bt-broadband-for-students-11363819596154

Mobile broadband would be a better option, or BT Wifi if there is a nearby hotspot with a good signal.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Temporary internet contract

As Keith suggests, a mobile phone package with data, and which allows tethering, may be your best option.

BT does allow you to take the broadband contract with you when you move house.  So if you will still need it after you move, then that's another option.  After you move, you just carry on the broadband contract, but you may need a new 12 month phone contract to get the line to connect it to.

0 Ratings