cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Simon83
Message 1 of 33

Terrible Customer Service - who can I complain to?

I had a letter through the door stating I could now receive BT Infinity. The next day I ordered BT Infinity, and my activation date was 2nd June. 2nd June came, and I was told there was no capacity at the cabinet. WHY did you only tell me this on the day of activation? Obviously my old provider cut me off on that day so I was left with nothing

I have been left with no internet access since 2nd June (it's the 10th today). I rang up and was PROMISED that because of the problems I could have normal speed broadband access for free while the capacity issue was resolved. This was supposed to be activated on 9th June (fast tracked for the inconvenience)

10th of June - still no broadband, I ring up and am told that I must wait until Friday for an update but it would not be resolved this week!

I was promised normal broadband as a temporary measure until Infinity could be resolved. You told me I could have a product, TOOK MY MONEY, then told me I couldn't have it - and have done NOTHING to help me out in the meantime. I'm going to BBC Watchdog, trading standards and the newspapers if this isn't resolved quickly.

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 33

Re: Terrible Customer Service - who can I complain to?

This is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT.  Only people that can help you are forum mods who are BT employees and the will post a contact us link. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod who all consider their problem priority hence why mods reply in order emails received. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 33

Hi Simon83,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry that your BT Infinity service couldn't be installed due to a capacity issue in the cabinet and that you only found out on the day of activation.

You can get in touch with us and we'll check what's causing the hold up getting ADSL enabled on your line as a temporary measure until the capacity issue is sorted out.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Ibgarrow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 33

Me too!
I've been told by 2 BT Helpdesk agents that the only way I'll get a decent Infinity download speed is by dismantling the master socket faceplate and plugging directly into the test socket. This leaves me with an unsightly setup, and my extension sockets non-functional!
I'm told that the faceplate must be faulty, but that I'll have to pay for its replacement! If by BT, £129.99!
This is surely unfair? BT installed the master socket, and must be responsible for it. I appreciate that wiring after it is my responsibility but I believe the master socket is BTs.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 33

Openreach's connection ends at the test socket
0 Ratings
Ibgarrow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 33

That's news to me! How come they installed a faulty faceplate with the master socket, then? Was the faceplate free of charge? And the fitting, too?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 33

like anything else face plates can develop faults and there is nothing stopping you replacing the faceplate your self
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 33

About a fiver from solwise

Ibgarrow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 33

Surely this should have been made crystal clear when BT installed the master socket a couple of years ago? My understanding then was that BT had installed the master socket, and subsequent extensions were the householder's liability.
Now it appears that BT can metaphorically disassemble their installation, and deny responsibility for some part!
I've just had a conservatory installed. I don't expect to be told that the installer's responsibility doesn't include the glass units being faulty!
0 Ratings
Ibgarrow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 33

Just a I said, terrible customer service. "our installed product is shown to be faulty, however we've decided that that bit is not our problem-fix it yourself!"
0 Ratings