cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simsil
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Terrible Experience Moving Home

I am writing to share my recent experience with BT whilst trying to move my telephone and broadband service to my new home.

The process seemed straight forward at first, having successfully completed the online forms and reeceived a confirmation email and a(14 page) follow-up in the post. Little did I know that these would be the last pieces of communiaction I would receive from BT (apart from a couple of erroneous texts) - something which is truly astonishing given what has happened since.

My broadband and telephone services were scheduled to switch over on the 8th November. That date came and went without any communication. I phoned BT the following day and was told that it would now happen on the 12th.

Unsurprisingly, the 12th came and went with no communiaction from BT. I was then promised the 13thm then the 14th, then the 15th and now the 18th but still nothing. Tomorrow never seems to come with BT !

Numerous people have promised to phone me to update on progress but none of them has ever called.

BT started by blaming Openreach. I then contacted Openreach myself and got an engineer to check both my house and the routing at the exchange. The bottom line was that Openreach had done their job properley and on time, so this just seems to have been a 'fobbing-off' tacktick used by BT,

Once this excuse would no longer work, they moved on to blaming BT Wholsale as if this was a different organisation - utterley ludicrous.

My expectations of BT were low but I have to say that I am really shocked at the complete lack of interest in delivering a service to the customer.

8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Terrible Experience Moving Home

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
simsil
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thanks - 48 but hours is too slow - but I guess that says it all - customer service is clearly not a priority for BT.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

The mods reply to  each request in order received as everyone like you considers their problem is a priority hence to ensure everyone treated equally mods reply in order received

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

@simsil wrote:
Thanks - 48 but hours is too slow - but I guess that says it all - customer service is clearly not a priority for BT.

I perhaps worded that incorrectly. I would imagine that they will reply to you on this forum tonight but it could be up to 48 hours before they can get back to you directly regarding your problem.

As has already been stated, they are a small team and they do work on a first come first served basis. Once they respond to your problem you will have a one point of contact and they will see the problem through to its resolution.

If however you feel that it is to long to wait you are of course free to continue using the method of contacting BT that you are presently using.  

Message 6 of 9

Hi @simsil,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry about the delay in getting your services connected.

You have mentioned that Openreach has completed all their work so I take it that the phone line is up and working?

Have you been provided with any sort of update as to when the broadband is going to be connected?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
simsil
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi Matt,

Yes - the phone line has been working since the 12th.

I’ve been told every day since that broadband service will be activated ‘tomorrow’ including of course today but it just never happens. 

Regards

Simon

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for getting back to me @simsil.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so that we can look into this for you.

Fingers crossed that the service will be up and working by the time we pick up the case.

Matt

0 Ratings
simsil
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

The nigtmare continues - still no boradband. I oredred the service on the 26th October for my move on the 8th November and I'm now approaching 3 weeks on from the date I moved. 

Despite endless conversations with BT and Openreach, I'm still no closer to getting any kind of bradband service from BT. All I get is reasurannces that the service will be live tomorrow, the next next, the next day.............

It never is and what's actually shocking it that it appears that no one actually know what to do.

I was reasurred for while after send ing an email to the chief exec and getting a response from the 'chairmans office' but their efforts have so far come to nothing.

I'm now coming to the realisation, having wasted 3weeks, that I'm going to have to cancel my order with BT and find another provider - not that I want the hassle - but I just can't seem to make any progress with BT.