cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Terrible service unbelievably unacceptable inept 3 months still no broadband.

17th Dec 2018: Ordered Fiber Broadband online
After 2 days , I get message order couldn’t get through and they have to cancel it. Customer care called and said order didn’t get processed because I requested to keep existing phone line(copper line) and system is not allowing to proceed the order. She said sales team will call again to create a new order.

Waited for 2 days, nobody called.

On 22Dec 2018, I called sales team to create the order, they created order and gave installation date as 18Jan 2018 and activation date as 22 Jan 2018.

On 18-Jan-201,

Engineer came and installed equipment and asked to wait till 22 Jan 2018 to activate.

On 22nd it didn’t get activated. I called couple of times on 25th and 26th , I was told that order didn’t get closed because service partner system didn’t provide the feedback to BT system it needed .

Every day I called them for update , each time it takes 45min to connect and some technical agent says they done some changes to order and it will take 48h to reflect . They promise that they will call back after 48h. Call back never came. I started calling them every da, the same loop continues , technical agent makes change to order and asks to wait for 48hours. It continued like this for 2 weeks.

On 5 Feb 2018, I wrote a mail to BT chairman about issue. Complaint team pitched in and said that they will look into the issue. Technical person called and mentioned order needs to be cancelled and a new one needs to be created.

She mentioned she will activate phone line and enable DSL broadband till fibre gets installed properly and service will be free of charge till then. They took 5 days to activate phone line but broadband was not enabled. I called them again, now new Technical person takes call and says he updated order to enable broadband. He again puts me in same loop to wait for 48hours.

I again escalated to Complaint team, they assigned a dedicated resource to resolve the issue. She found out that there was an issue with order created and she has to cancel it make a fresh order.

On 14th Feb, she created a new order and waited for Service partner (Open reach) to give date to visit the site to fix the problem. After 5 days on 22nd Feb , service gave appointment to visit on 28th Feb. I took leave and waited for them. They didn’t turn up and gave lame reason that I am not available at home. They gave another appointment on 2nd March to visit. Again I took leave and stayed at home. They didn’t turn up again. This time they gave lame reason that their appointment system didn’t get any update on the order.

Now BT team says that open reach asked to wait till 9th of March to check when they can book next appointment and have to go through the whole process again

I am completely perplexed by the cause of these issues. It is unfathomable and has made me extremely unhappy.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Terrible service unbelievably unacceptable inept 3 months still no broadband.

which fibre product are are you trying to purchase FTTC or FTTP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Terrible service unbelievably unacceptable inept 3 months still no broadband.

Fttp
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Fibre To The Premises (FTTP)

These installations are dealt with by a special team on 0800 587 4787.
Its not possible for the BT Community members or moderators to help with these installations.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Yaa your special team is so special it takes months to fix the problem. I just wanted to let community know how horrible and incompetent your team is.
It takes 45min to connect to number 0800 587 4787. It feels like your team is pushing UK to stone age. Why do u want to monopolize service if you can't manage service. Your departments and service partner openreach is not in order. Your billing team is asking me to pay for service that was not even installed. Sounds great right
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum.  The people who have replied to you are customers just like you and are only trying to help. It is not their "team".

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for info. Is there any effective way to complain against bt to make them accountable
0 Ratings