Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 54

Re: Terrible service

@stu1281 wrote:

These forums clearley have no purpose either, i dont see the point in mods asking for details when they dont bother to do anything to help you

You only submitted your request today. They will take a minimum of 48 hours to respond, depending on how busy they are.

You should have received an automatic message with an enquiry number.

The forums are just a customer to customer help forum, but the BT moderators can be asked to assist if needed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 54

@stu1281 wrote:

I have now cancelled my direct debit with BT so they wont be getting anymore money off me until my line is active again.

i have spoken to 3 different people about this issue but i think the whole team that work for bt have 2 braincells between them.

As i cannot work on the weekends without internet i will lose £250 altogether this weekend, great work BT

Cancelling your direct debit is a bad idea, as BT will be informed, and you will get a letter or email asking you to arrange a different method of payment. What happens if you don`t,  is not good, and could affect the progress of your BT home move.

Remember, BT Residential broadband is for entertainment and personal use only, any form of business usage is not allowed.

How is it that you are going to lose money?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 54

@stu1281

Some other information you may find helpful in your situation.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/%7E/customer-service-guarantee

You can claim for mobile broadband usage.

Remember also, that you still have free use of BT WIfi provided you are within range of a hotspot, and are opted in.

0 Ratings
stu1281
Contributor
Message 14 of 54

I have given up caring what they do, i have been with BT for a year and have had noting but problems with them. The customer service is the worst i have ever experienced, i thought the 3 network had bad customer service but BT is on a whole new level. I was told by a manager yesterday that i can cancel the contract and i wont have to pay another penny so i think thats what i will do. i can get virgin fibre optic fitted and activated quicker than it takes BT to re activate my line wihich i find laughable. I am using a dongle that i had to buy out of my own money just so i can have internet because of some idiots mistake.I have given them so many chances in the last year and i just cant go on any longer with them. Whenever i speak to them it seems like they just dont care. the manager i spoke to yesterday didnt even try to make me feel better or even apologise she just said if you want to leave thats fine. Amazing customer service......

0 Ratings
stu1281
Contributor
Message 15 of 54

they have never mentioned to me about free wifi in my area. I guess the person i spoke to yesterday must of just wanted to finish for bank holiday and wanted to get me off the phone lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 54

@stu1281 wrote:

they have never mentioned to me about free wifi in my area. I guess the person i spoke to yesterday must of just wanted to finish for bank holiday and wanted to get me off the phone lol

Its been available to both BT Broadband and BT Mobile customers for quite a while now.

When you move, if there is no alternative to a copper connection, then you will still be dealing with Openreach, and you are unlikely to get a connection by the 12th May, as your appointed slot will now be lost.

0 Ratings
stu1281
Contributor
Message 17 of 54

I agreed with the manager i spoke to yesterday that i can have until tuesday to decide whether i want to leave or not. to be honest i will probably just leave as i think the whole situation is laughable. I dont want to leave but i really dont think i can carry on paying them £50 per month when their customer service is so bad. everytime i have a call back sheduled with a manager they either call 2 hours late or they dont call me back so why should i carry on paying over the odds with bt when i can get firbre optic with virgn for alot cheaper

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 54

I would be more concerned at this stage with retaining your appointed provision date for your home move. Because of the Bank Holiday, this would already be in the Openreach work queue ready to be executed, on or before your moving in date.

Remember that Openreach deal with all providers apart from Virgin Media, so they will already have a large work queue.

Mistakes do occur within BT, and other providers, and you can claim for "Disconnected in error" as shown on the page I linked to.

The moderators are very good at resolving these sorts of issues, and provided you filled in the "Contact the mods" form, they will be on your case, and will take ownership until to are completely satisfied. They do keep in touch and do ring you back.

Coming back to the BT Wifi issue, if you can scan for wireless networks with your home hub switched off, and can see a BT Wifi or BT FON wireless signal of a reasonable strength, see if you can connect to it, and you should get the landing page.

If you can get that far, then the rest should be easy.

0 Ratings
stu1281
Contributor
Message 19 of 54

I scanned a few times and cant see bt wifi so thats the end of that idea. As i said i am 99% made up that im leaving them. im resigned to the fact that i wont have broadband until at least may the 12th so i might aswell go with another provider thats cheaper and more proffesional than BT. I know i might have to wait even longer to get broadband with another supplier but i would rather go without and move providers just beacuse ive been treated so badly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 54

@stu1281 wrote:

I scanned a few times and cant see bt wifi so thats the end of that idea. As i said i am 99% made up that im leaving them. im resigned to the fact that i wont have broadband until at least may the 12th so i might aswell go with another provider thats

You must be too far away from a BT Wifi hotspot.

As far as VM are concerned I would take a good read of their user forum before you make any decision. All ISPs have their problems.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/bd-p/Speed

You will face a broadband disconnection charge if you move away from an Openreach connection, that is unavoidable.

0 Ratings