cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

The Cost of Cancelling

Heaven help you should you want to cancel and not in contract.

PHONE - no refund of any line rental saver and BT will cut you off one week after you cancel - but force you to pay for 30 days extra as they require 30 days notice.  So therefore, you get charged for 3 weeks that you are unable to use. What a con.

BB - £30 cancellation fee even though when you are cancelling the phone, the engineer is there at the same time to disconnect the phone and  - hey! guess what - if you didn't have a phone line the bb wouldn't work.  Maybe I should've been smart and cancelled the phone line only and then hassled bb help as to why I was getting no bb service later.

All in all, it's going to cost around £100 to cease Service. Imagine...you try to save money and it costs you ££££'s.  What a con.  

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: The Cost of Cancelling

@littlebutterflygb wrote:

Heaven help you should you want to cancel and not in contract.

PHONE - no refund of any line rental saver and BT will cut you off one week after you cancel - but force you to pay for 30 days extra as they require 30 days notice.  So therefore, you get charged for 3 weeks that you are unable to use. What a con.

BB - £30 cancellation fee even though when you are cancelling the phone, the engineer is there at the same time to disconnect the phone and  - hey! guess what - if you didn't have a phone line the bb wouldn't work.  Maybe I should've been smart and cancelled the phone line only and then hassled bb help as to why I was getting no bb service later.

All in all, it's going to cost around £100 to cease Service. Imagine...you try to save money and it costs you ££££'s.  What a con.  

And if you had checked the Line Rental saver terms you would have seen that it is NON refundable.

You have had it at a cheap rate for X number of months.

The Cease charge for broadband is made by Openreach not the ISP and is passed on by the ISP (BT, SKY TalkTalk or whoever) to you the customer.

It is in the T&C

toekneem

(EASBF)