cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 19

The price increase

Go to solution

Got the email with my price increase and followed the link to get my personalised offer and to my delight was able to reconstruct for existing price for 18 months meaning I am paying just £10.50 for infinity 1 (plus line rental which I pay yearly) a very satisfied customer.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: The price increase

Go to solution

Did they tell you that your existing discount (if you have one ) will continue for the full term of the new contract?

0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

I’m getting nowhere...   been a customer for over ten years... they are putting the price up again to 40 quid, I only use broadband. &don’t use their tv or phone.

im getting fibre in the next few months and seeing the prices they want for that, coupled with the current 40 quid hatchet job...I’m off.. agro I know but it’s now far far to much. 

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

@newwrote:

Did they tell you that your existing discount (if you have one ) will continue for the full term of the new contract?

I have recontracted with the new contract starting on 14th Sept. I am on the Superfast Fibre Unlimited and the email order confirmation shows that there is no change in my cost before 16 Sept and after 16 Sept. The only cost that changes for me is the extra 49p on my unlimited anytime calls add on. The total monthly cost pre 16 Sept is £19.50 and after is £19.99 (I pay for LRS). Obviously since the price is not fixed over the 18 month contract it will change on the next price rise which may be around June/July 2019.

0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Hi guys especially those getting stunning deals 

any links to see these prices?   I phoned customer services last January and they told me there was no better option to the then 36  ish price and now going up to 40 ish per month. 

im still on broadband , will get fibre in a couple of months , can it be a seamless switch of contract ? 

What will my email adress be? Currently xyz@btinternet.com....   will that change with fibre? 

Thanks.     

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
Your email address will stay exactly the same. Bear in mind many people pay the line rental up front so my £10.50 Infinity deal works out without LRS as circa £30. I have been with BT a long time, that helps I think.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Stuart. Thanks for that. 

Just spoken to bt 

im tween the devil and deep blue

sign up for 18mmonth contract. 27ish...and we will just do us  nice deal when the fibre moment comes...others are below 30.00 for fibre  bt unknown!!! 

means i cant make any move as unknown..so getting stuffed at 40 ish until fibre is put in say October time.    I have been with bt since they launched their tv offer. Although I didn’t really use it , stuck with them. I have been off contract for nearly a year... feels like they are beating me up. 

Thanks again

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

@stuartrogersonwrote:
Your email address will stay exactly the same. Bear in mind many people pay the line rental up front so my £10.50 Infinity deal works out without LRS as circa £30. I have been with BT a long time, that helps I think.

I have been with BT since 2012 and have been able to keep my contracts low because I always haggled each renewal and also getting given big discounts given by BT on personalised offers. I was on adsl but upgraded in May to fibre 55/10 package using a personalised offer but I still rang up to have a polite moan about the price which resulted in the set up costs being waived , and a £2 reduction in the anytime calls which only came about because the person had to speak to his manager so I asked if he could try and get the overall contract price down a bit which is where the £2 reduction came in.

The problem for a lot of customers who aren't aware of the options team or who don't haggle is that the "base" pricing increases disproportionately so if/when they do haggle they may get a lower price but not as low as someone who has haggled since they first joined BT.

0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Must improve my haggling, will ask the wife...Nooooo hold on she is best at nagging not haggling 🙂 thanks 

0 Ratings
Gavin193c
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Haggled a new price but they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't increase in September!! Anyway way happy with the price for BB, TV etc. I then got a confirming email at a higher price than that agreed. Rang customer services and got "Computer says NO" and "suppose you want to cancel it then" I was then informed that I would have to call back Monday and negotiate another deal!!!

Guess what? "Customer says NO" I'm off after 35 years. Bye Bye BT

0 Ratings