Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: The price increase

Go to solution

I haggled a price, but was warned that the contract email would show the full price, but would be amended in a couple of days and that I would get a new email showing the discount price.  Still waiting, but it has only been one day so far. 

0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

they  couldn't give me a price for the fibre untill fibre is actually installed/available.

i guess im just a little bit fed up with being done over.. at £ 40.00 unless you sign a deal for 18 months...    I  have no intention to change  so why dont they just keep it all running... two new offerings  from huge companies, one is under 30.00  with NO price increase post the 12 month contract..  and the other offering montly contracts..   all simple stuff... not having to remember when the 18 months is up and all of that..   of course bt will send a reminder... but....  usually the reminder says, our prices are another £1.00  higher, and then 6 months later inflation increase, and another quid... well thats doesnt sound much, however when on  bt for such a long time those yearly quid increases  really add up. 

part is MY  fault for inertia, i have two lines and only need one now.. although many  many years ago i dropped BT as my fixed phone  line provider and my phone bill went down from £3000.00 a qtr (yes thousand)  to a few hundred pounds..  never really looked back... so i guess their forty quid charge for internet is their payback time.. 

I will look at it all again in a positive frame of mind, but BT need to know we are all getting fed up with it.. BT have to remember we have more important things in life other than fretting over their latest money grab. 

0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Ok  I tried yet again!!!!

After two calls the first unanswered of 20mminutes and then the second when I finally got thru..

I FAILED 

best offer is 37.00 

new comers get 25.00 

the compute says 37.00 that’s the price, the supervisor can’t override it  , don’t care about other offers take it or leave it...sorry!!!!

there really is no moving BT on this price, it’s anyway sub standard at 3.5mb speed... but hey lots not make it difficult . 

‘’my price of 37.00 soon to be 40 plus, is just different to others achievements ... I’m been with bt broad band for ten plus years...so it’s nothing to do with old /new customers other than old ones pay more! 

HELP!!!!

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

What does the price increase email offer as an incentive to stay. There should be some form of personalised offer on MyBT as well.

Ring 0800 800 030 and ask for Retentions - you may need to ring several times to speak to different people as they are very hit and miss.

An alternative is 0800 085 7346 as that is a line specific to the price increase.

You could ring 150 and ask for cancellations and tell them you feel that BT aren't willing to offer a decent deal to see what they could offer - you don't ned to actually commit to cancelling but you can tell them that you want it logged that you are moving because of the price rise. You can move to BTs cheaper ISP provider and then after that contract expires return to BT as a new customer , if you are in say a new 18 month contract then when the new ISP increases its price you could return to BT at that point which is likely to be May/June next year.

0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Thankyou for that 

I phoned the 46 number as posted elsewhere

now at 31.00.   But no commitment on fibre 

he did point out that he could do 25 if I bought mobile for a tenner... on the face of it very good , I’m pondering a moment ...Why?  Currently with o2 phones , and if I ring them it’s answered instantly (most of the time) and to be honest I feel bruised by the way bt have been so hard nosed on this matter.    I do need to get to the bottom of what price my fibre will be... fibre will be available within two months now...   so thanks for your help so far 

0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

I need to add why is it after , this morning virtually begging I could get no reduction from37... and then this afternoon it was 31.00.  All very off /peculiar and a huge eater of time! 

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@bbbill999wrote:

I need to add why is it after , this morning virtually begging I could get no reduction from37... and then this afternoon it was 31.00.  All very off /peculiar and a huge eater of time! 

Unfortunately it is completely hit and miss and depends entirely on who you happen to talk to - it really is a complete lottery which is why you sometimes need to ring quite a few times.

You won't get anywhere with the fibre yet and the timing is a tad unfortunate because you may well have got a good deal if it had just become available before you got the price rise email. This happened to me last November when the cab went live 2 days after I got the price rise email and I couldn't get close to a decent or acceptable offer. An option for you, if viable, is to stick with what you've got and wait until the next price price which may well be June/July with the emails sent April/May where the upgrade cost to fibre may be around £3 compared to what you may get if you upgrade in the next couple of months during a new contract.

0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

@conrad..   thanks... hit and miss is no way to run a biz niz.. will stick it out and wait ... I know I can get sub 30 from  a n other when fibre arrives so nothing to loose if BT want to be really difficult...

brain numbing stuff.       BT will eventually suffer as customers see thru the bull 

0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

O so it goes on...

taking orders for fibre.   Fantastic! 

Go thru the process to book bt, thirty quid... that’s fine... get to the end of the on line process.  - Plse phone bt!!! 

I phone bt... no , fibre not yet running...humph! 

So sitting and waiting... bt did take my number , what are the chances of a call back when it’s available ? 

0 Ratings